“Terrible food .”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Terrible food .”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The starters came out just warm and i feel sure the food was from the afternoon buffet , it tasted bland ,and was nothing like what we expected .We were celebrating one of our sons birthday and had already rang to book the table the day before , i explained i had experience with Bangladesh due to being a food consultant and working alongside chefs for many years and also teaching Indian food courses throughout the north West .I was sure i would have the best service and food after looking at the Swadesh on line .
The whole experience was a shambles ,the staff were so moody and miserable ,the starters came out just warm and not fresh , they seemed like they had been saved from the afternoon buffet ,,no taste,no flavour and not even a nice word from the staff . the manager did make an effort , and when we had to return the buna curry because the meat was unrecognisable,he did seem sorry and said he did not know wanted breast meat .i can honestly say all the food was awful and because it was my sons birthday we really did not want a fuss.The narn breads we not fresh , they were flat and cut up into squares again i really think they were saved from the buffet . The chicken was the cheapest type of chicken you can buy , i know this due to me ordering halal chicken for a Indian resturaunt i was food consultant for , the grade was the worst type of meat i have ever had .Nothing was fresh .The tika masala sauce tasted like tomato soup,and was cheaply made .We had taken a surprise cake to give to our son as a surprise for after the meal but we just wanted to get out ! ...the beer was warm , my soda was flat , it was a horrendous meal , i told the manager how i felt ,and if i hadnt have told him about the car park we would have had to pay for that because its not free until after 6 pm , which he never told me about when i booked the table , he just said free parking .Very let down , i really feel i should not have paid .

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank linda468

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Saigon
“Sunday lunch incredible value”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

excellent value on Sunday afternoon and clearly a hidden gem in Bowdon as always quiet when we go. Absolutely delicious contemporary Indian food

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome taste....”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Very very nice taste.. Not used any processed ingredients.. Very genuine taste.. Must taste and affordable price... Veg items are less. But tasty food...

Dundee, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

2nd visit to the Swadesh,went with son in feb as a birthday treat,returned this weekend as we were in Manchester to see a footy match,the staff remembered us and we even got our same table again,top food,great staff.

• Visited March 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Chicken Dilruba”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been using this restaurant from the time its owner first opened this premises next to the Novatel in the City centre. At the time I was delivering training for a company using the Novatel as a point of training for the North West and during my luchtimes I would use my allowance to visit the Swadesh.
The Manager and his staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and the internal decor is tastefully done with the kitchen area behind glass panels. this is to enable guests to see work being carried out on the premises.
I found the staff attentive and both the Manager and Assistant Manager were on hand to advise in relation to dishes. The one above was recommended to me as it was felt it would best suit m palate.
I have to say the choice was most welcome and the dish delightful to eat. the use of flavours and spices is particularly effective here making any meal chosen, one to remember. I now reside in Northern Ireland but will be visiting Manchester soon and will make a point of booking a meal at the Swadesh. This is one restaurant I would be happy to recommend and one that is competitive in its prices.

• Visited December 2013