“Decent but better pubs around”
Review of The Didsbury Pub

The Didsbury Pub
Ranked #635 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went here for Sunday roast and sadly despite it only being 18.00, they had ran out. Potentially testament to the popularity but I fear more reflective of the kitchen's poor attention to detail. This was reinforced by the food that we did end up ordering, coming out cold. This was addressed instantly and the serving staff were pleasant throughout. The food (once hot) did taste decent enough as well. Pint of hooky well recommended as well.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for some lunch on a moderate day. The place wasn't busy by any means of the stretch!

Without a doubt the most abdominal service I have ever experienced!

Ignored by the waitress twice, and by the manager 4 times.

Waited 20 minutes for then to take our drinks order.

Food came and it's really nothing to write home about then almost an hour to take out bill.

What a joke!

The manager heard us talking about how terrible the service was and he laughed and walked off - unbelievable!

Buyer beware!!!

1  Thank tripreview84
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Didsbury Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear tripreview84

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Didsbury in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food arrived 1hr 15mins after ordering and had all the sources, chips and salad missing. Waitress serving was then extremely rude when asked about it.

Will never go there again!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Didsbury Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Amy L H, thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I visited the Didsbury pub to have lunch with a friend. The pub was very busy as it was nice weather and we sat outside in the large seating area. There is a good choice of food at reasonable prices. We both chose salads and they were good quality and size and therefore good value for money. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I regularly have a drink here, and though the ambience is pleasant service at the bar is painfully slow. They serve some good real ales but don't keep them properly. Have eaten there three or four times, and the food is OK rather than great or even good. Tables are always sticky. Final straw was when we went there to celebrate our son going off to Uni. It was rammed, and we had no sooner sat down when the waitress came over to say that that were so busy there was going to be at least an hour wait for food. I asked why they had taken the booking. No answer to that of course. Management want to pack the punters in and take the money. We walked out and then had to find a table for five somewhere else in Didsbury at half 8 on a busy Saturday night. (I recommend Zizi). If they'd offered us free drinks, fair enough. But no. The girl didn't even seem totally confident we'd get our parking fee back. Shan't be eating there again. Not a serious restaurant.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Didsbury Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear voiceofpeason, thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer