“Nice birthday lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Nice birthday lunch”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went here for a friend's birthday. We didn't book but the lovely waitress Siobhan found us a table for 9 and was very helpful. Lunch was tasty and at £5 for a vegetarian burger and chips and £2 for a pudding- you couldn't complain.

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and customers and great value. Will definitely be back. Would have been 5 stars, but we had to wait for nearly an hr for our main courses and drinks order was forgotten. But it didn't spoil the afternoon.

1 Thank ChloeDaniels

• Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Didsbury pub- worst meal in a long long time”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have just returned from an extremely disappointing meal at The Didsbury pub in Didsbury. The food was mediocre at best, the customer service was below average and the ambiance was non existent. The Manager couldn't even be bothered to look us in the eye when asking about desserts. In fact, he was actually walking away from our table as he was talking! He was totally disinterested and didn't even ask if everything was ok with our meal- probably because he would know the answer. We arrived at 8.30 and had left by 9.30. I was about to order a coffee but out of principle decided not to when the waitress came to the table and asked if we wanted coffee as they were about to switch the coffee machine off and this was at 9.20! Unbelievable! It used to be so nice from a great atmosphere to good quality food but neither were in existent tonight. The pub was in complete darkness by 11 (when we walked past!) and I am not at all surprised. If that was my pub I would be asking questions as to why nobody was coming through that door. I should have refused to pay but out of politeness, I didn't . We will not be going back.

• Visited August 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Didsbury Pub, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Paula R,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Didsbury in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A short walk from a nearby business park this made for a very pleasant midweek summer lunch break. The food was good standard fare, atmosphere cordial, and our waitress Alice was very helpful and friendly. I'll visit again when I'm in the area.

1 Thank Brian W
manchester
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although lived nearby for some time , was put off going here as it was a 'chain' pub.
On a hot Saturday evening expected the place to be packed, but although the outside tables were almost fully occupied it was nice and quiet indoors.
Our lovely waitress , Nina, was excellent and really looked after us. The food was really good, especially for a chain (it's a chef and brewer) , plenty of choice, served reasonably quickly and well presented.
Much better than I expected and really good value for money.
Will go again soon.

1 Thank jabManchester
Cheshire
“For pub dining its fine”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visited and dined ghere on many occassions and its always been fine. Good points are there is lots of outdoor space, with umbrellas for the sun, and dogs are allowed outside too. nice sharing platters if not too hungry and a good choice on the menu. It does get busy though which can result in a long wait, but I have always found the staff pleasant and helpful

• Visited June 2013