“One of the best but can get very crowded”
Review of knott bar

knott bar
Ranked #545 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We've been going to the Knott Bar for four years or so and have never been disappointed either by the quality of food and drink or the atmosphere. Okay, some of the furniture is somewhat "distressed" and the lighting could be improved but that's part of the attraction of the place and what makes it stand out from all the aesthetically clinical bars around Oxford Road and the Northern Qtr. there is always an interesting range of beers on draught - latest samplings include Boggart's Cascade! Hardknott's Cool Fusion and Buxton Brewery's Rednik Stout - and the wine list is short but approachable. Chef Oz runs a tight and efficient crew who produce such favourites as chicken and chorizo in cream sauce, perfect rib eye steak, crisp calamari and some of the crispest battered fish you're ever likely to find. Prices are reasonable, the juke box is approachable and standards are - and have always been in our experience - top notch. Our only quibble is that the place is getting so popular that it's difficult getting a table unless you turn up really early. But that's the price of success I suppose.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I visited here last Saturday afternoon. It was crowded but we quickly got seats at a large table. As stated in the title of my review I can see why this pub/bar is the most recent winner of the local CAMRA pub of the year. I had many top notch local cask conditioned micros. The food also was outstanding. I had the lamb burger and i have to say it was one of the best burgers I have ever had! Very friendly staff! I will visit this pub again next time i visit Manchester.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Knott Bar has been for several years one of my favourite watering holes in Manchester city centre. I've introduced many people to the bar in the past, ensured it was included on pub runs, as a meeting point, had snacks and sampled many different & excellent beers.
It's now off my list & I'm gutted.
Service was good & prompt for a busy night.
However, the Manchester Marble beer has been removed...Oh dear. I was told that this was due to fluctuating quality...was I being fobbed off. I don't actually know, but I do know I'd never had a poor pint there before.
Most disappointingly, the prices....Oh dear.....very dear in fact. Ok, it's city centre, and yes we all expect to pay a few bob more...BUT it cost £4.75 for a bottle of Magners cider, and most drinks comfortably over £4. Good range of beers but not as nice as they were. The first thing I thought after paying for my first round was that it was no wonder that supermarkets are wooing pub customers. It will be some time before I arrange a further visit, so the prices and inferior beers have "cost" as regular visitor & his friends. Oh dear.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Have eaten and drank a in here loads of times, have taken family, friends and never disappointed.
The lager is of the highest quality always. Food is excellent and good value for money. Recommend the full breakfast, the fish and chips, and the chorizo chicken in cream is outstanding. Top marks for a great manchester boozer!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food here is simple and very badly done. Wouldn't recommend eating here to anyone. In my opinion it has a bad wine selection and the tables could all do with a clean! I shan't be returning and wouldn't recommend. Potentially a good student pub?

1  Thank Sarah C