“Great place!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great English restaurant-pub! We loved it from the first time. Good food, good service. Very English style decor and atmosphere. Enjoyed the scallops so much!!! They have great wine list which my husband really appreciated, so as beers and ales choice. My husband wishes they have a screen there to watch football, so the place could be more "live"))

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have visited Sams a number of times in the last few years and have often taken friends and family. I visited on Sunday for a roast dinner and although if was ok I was left feeling a little disappointed. Excellent roast beef, gravy and Yorkie but cold veg and rubbish roasties. When the bill arrived I was not happy that a gratuity had been added automatically. I always tip well but do not like to have the decision made for me . I'm sure that the waiting staff miss out when the bill is presented in this way. I will return as I live the Manchester plate on the bar menu.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've eaten here a couple of times and I must say it is quite possibly my favourite place in Manchester, the location, the building, the staff and of course the food and wines are absolutely superb.
The service is unbelievable and Rob, the guy who looked after us had a wealth of knowledge about the wine list which I might say is huge and comprehensive with a wine to suit any food.
The Sunday lunch is the best I've had and well worth the money, the beef was out of this world with a lovely giant Yorkshire.
I can't recommend this place enough, the jewel of Manchester.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

poor service, poor cold food - pricey and not worth it stay well clear have a pork roast barm off the Christmas market better value and tastier - seriously leave this place well alone cook yourself a decent meal at home

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went here for the first time (came highly recommended) for lunch with some family and friends at the weekend. The food was really well presented and tasted great! I had the Traditional Fish & Chips, I hadn't had this dish in a long time as every time I have it I am usually put off for a while because of how greasy it can be. This Fish & Chips was special though, really enjoyed it! Everyone else enjoyed their food too. My only criticism would be that it is a little over priced but that's no big deal!