“Great Food”

Happy Seasons
Ranked #123 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Arrived at 5.30 Thursday evening and this was my first but not last visit. It is basic but the food was very good. We had enough time to enjoy our food before ogg to RNCM to lisen to Chetham's Symphony Orchestra. Pity Happy seasons is not in Leeds

• Polish first
Craigavon
“Have standards have fallen?”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been going to this restuarant for around twelve years and have always been delighted by the quality of food and service but I am afraid this recent visit has been a bit of a disappointment. I have always looked upon this as one of the best and least pretentious Chinese restuarants I have gone to.

We arrived and were shown to our table and after a longish wait of nearly fifiteen minutes our order was taken - two soups and sharing a sizzling fillet steak with fried rice.

The soup when it eventually arrived was tasty and good. We then had an inordinate delay while we waited on our main course. It arrived and when the steak was poured onto the supposedly hot plate for sizzling, the plate was cold and they had to take it back and try again. The fried rice was watery and was sent back to be replaced and this to seemed to take an age and of course our steak was cooling down.

I explained to the man who seemed to be in charge, who recognised me as regular customer and said they had new staff in the kitchen and were very busy because of the Manchester United/Reading match - but that hardly rang through because when we were in Happy Seasons the game was being played.

A very disappointing experience but I will give it another try of old times sake! Places sometimes do have an off night!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Meal out after theatre visit”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

called in early evening after visit to royal exchange theatre. was busy but didnt have too much of a wait. just kept having to dodge the serving staff as no where to wait. lots of Chinese people in, always a good sign. Decor is getting tired and grubby - my chair was filthy.
food - good - had set menu B - peking soup; prawn toast, seedweed, salt & pepper ribs; then duck with pancakes; followed by ginger beef and sweet & sour fish. had enough left over for a doggy bag. soup was delicious - could live off it. never enough crispy duck - even if you get a full one. have visited before and would go again. what you see is what you get. constant stream of visitors getting takeaways

UK
“Great no-frills restaurant serving excellent Cantonese food, recommended!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On my first visit here, as I walked through the door I immediately noticed three things: a) the fabulous smell of cooking food, b) the very basic decor, and c) it was choc-a-bloc with very happy Chinese families, couples and groups tucking into the source of the wonderful smell. All three points bode very well in my book for good honest food to come and I was not to be disappointed either on that, or subsequent visits. This a basic, functional, down-to-earth restaurant (closer to a cafe really), serving up simply fab Cantonese food, and the service is highly efficient and smiley, especially on return visits :-) There is a constant ringing of the bell as someone comes through the door, either to sit down and eat, or take-away, and the take-away's are again being purchased by local Chinese people.

This is excellent, authentic and very tasty Cantonese food, served by friendly staff, in basic surroundings at good value prices. When I went again today I was only the second caucasian person in a very busy lunchtime restaurant, the atmosphere only slightly marred 10 minutes later by the arrival of a middle-aged western couple, and the loud self-important and pompous way the lady ordered her food and spoke to the waitress and at least half of the restaurant... It did not detract one iota from from the food in front of me though, or affect the professional staff. This is a great no-frills restaurant serving excellent Cantonese food, recommended!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food !!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was not a chinese food lover but I have to say, this restaurant changed my mind. My meal was greatly cooked and the quantity was massive considering the price. The only downside was the white wine which wasn't cold enough. A big thank you to Winnie, she was very welcoming, smiling, and helpful. I will come back and will recommend you to my friends and family.