1,112 results
All reviews city centre piccadilly station walk in shower junior suite great hotel piccadilly gardens good size modern hotel perfect location few minutes walk canal street a stones throw tram stop definitely stay here again ncp car park business trip pleasant stay
Reviewed October 11, 2018

Stayed here one night as conference scheduled here. I wouldn’t normally choose a HI hotel and find policy issues with IHG. particularly in the US. This hotel then was a pleasant surprise. I arrived late after a long journey. Check in was efficient and friendly and I was able to get down and find food in the restaurant. The room had everything I needed and the check in responded to my request for a high floor. Room was clean and tidy, lacked my favoured bath only having a shower. It had a large high quality tv and usual free view channels.

The thing for me that stood out and raised it to 5 stars were the staff, all were cheerful friendly and helpful right through the hotel. In the breakfast area they were all working together and when I was hunting for my usual porridge someone asked what I was looking for, declared it was to order and it duly appeared. I can’t stress enough how positive this is for a seasoned business traveller who usually has to put up with grumpy staff. A credit to the hotel and the city.

Room Tip: I -refer higher floors and they respond to requests
Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Mikesalter,

What a wonderful 5 star review to receive! The team and I are over the moon to hear that you found us to be "surprisingly good" and as such, thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It goes without saying that we are so pleased that you have taken the time to review your time with us and of course, share your experience with your fellow TripAdvisor readers.

It was our pleasure to look after you and we look forward to hosting your next visit back to Manchester.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

I just stayed overnight before heading out to the airport. The hotel is very well located - just a short walk from the Piccadilly Train Station. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. My room was quite large, very clean and had everything I needed. There are lots of shops and restaurants within short walking distance. I ended up having a pint and a burger in the bar/restaurant. The burger was home made. This was a very good choice for my purposes and would serve well for a longer stay in Manchester.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

Dear dccv1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent overnight stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found us to be an excellent hotel and our location was ideal for you too in terms of being so close to Piccadilly Train Station, as well as a quick and easy walk into the city centre.

The team and I hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you again very soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

I stayed for a business trip and was very happy with the standard of the hotel. The room was immaculately clean, the staff were really friendly and the bed was very comfy!

I had a bit of a rubbish view of the neighbouring hotel's bins, however I wasn't really fussed as it was very quiet and I had a great night's sleep. The room was comfortable enough to relax in, with a nice comfortable seat and a desk area. The bathroom had a brilliant walk in shower/wet room. I was a slightly disappointed there was no bath but this is a minor moan as everything else was great.

We had dinner in the hotel in the evening, the food was great and the staff who served us were friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast the next morning was a bit of a free for all but the food was great. There was a mix up with our coffee order but when we queried it the staff resolved the problem quickly.

I would recommend for families or business trips in the city centre if you want somewhere clean, friendly and not to fussy - great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business

Dear Supervixen79,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre for your recent business visit to the city. I am delighted to hear that you were impressed by our rooms as well as breakfast and dinner offerings.

It is hoped that as and when you may next have cause to visit Manchester, whether it be for business or leisure, you may allow us the opportunity to look after you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here when visiting Manchester Arena for a concert. Staff are very helpful and accommodating. Room was large, spacious, very clean and comfortable. Bed and pillows very comfy . Large shower room, only gripe was the shower is set to maximum of about 30C. Really needs to be about 35C, just not hot enough. All you can eat buffet breakfast in the morning, top marks. Would stay here again. Great central location.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear John C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre to attend a concert at MEN Arena.

It is great to to learn that you enjoyed your time with us overall and various aspects were to your satisfaction, from the room and breakfast buffet to our helpful and accommodating team.

However, I am sorry to hear of the issue you encountered with the temperature to your shower. Whilst I am sure you can appreciate that maintenance issues can occur at any time, I sincerely hope that you highlighted this matter to us at the time, as I am sure the maintenance team would have been on hand to rectify promptly.

Many thanks once again for reviewing your stay and we look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

My wife and I popped into the Holiday Inn for a coffee whilst walking around in Manchester, this is a nice little bar serving machine made Starbucks coffee, great location, very friendly staff and easy to get to.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear PopcornMonkeyReviews,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to the hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our Starbucks coffee offerings and your high praise about our friendly team is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.