“Great for a group or just a romantic dinner.”
Review of Dimitri's

Dimitri's
Ranked #92 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great for a group or just a romantic dinner.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I come here every few months,the food is always good and not overpriced we also have a taste card so we get 50% of all the tapas. Go and try the dippys

• Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
“Had lunch here today. Really nice”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had lunch here today. I love Greek food and it had a great selection. I would really like to try it in the evening and my friend said they save live music. There is an outside area but it is too cold at the moment. Love to give that a try in the future. Really enjoying my few days in Manchester celebrating.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Greek food and a free unintended comedy antics evening”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited Dimitris as we saw it was very busy (always a great sign) at 9pm on a Tuesday evening whilst looking for Greek food on Deansagate.

Its a very big Restaurant that caters for all denominations of clientèle.

It looks like a good sports tv bar with tables on looking in at the front but it has a full restaurant that looks like it is next door but its part of Dimitris through a passage, it also has a large covered seated area outside through another door.

There were a lot of people and what can best be described as "fun Characters" having a laugh and eating in groups as well as watching the England team draw with Montenegro. A few fun student customers were very comical in their actions maybe had an extra wine.

I spent time in the bar and then we were taken into the cosy Restaurant. This area is great for a quiet romantic meal away from the chatter of the bar areas.

The staff and service were very good and timely even though they were very busy, seemed to be working to a fixed time plan, as it was late we ordered Home made soup and a selection of 5 tapas and dips along with some Excellent Pinot Grigio. All of the food tasted fresh, well prepared and tasty. We particularly liked the dips and the spicy red peppers that looked like baby tomatoes, but werent, they were hot, spicy and sweet.. fantastic.

We did not order any main meals as this was enough shared between two of us but meals we saw on other tables looked marvellous and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

At the end of the evening the comedy started as there were few customers left, apparently one of the staff was in trouble and the Greek manager was going crazy shouting at him for half an hour about cleaning and leaving doors open, we felt sorry for the guy as the manager was way over the top with it in a comical way. Reminded me of what Gordon Ramsey says to his kitchen staff on TV but without the swearing, just the volume.

By 1am we were asked to leave in a polite way as we were the last ones in.

We will definitely be going here again not just for the food but all the comical characters we saw in there, it was an unexpected fun evening.

I highly recommend Dimitris, let me know of any comical moments if you decide to go.

Liverpool
“Taste Card”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went here tonight and there were plenty of tables, there were a few reserved. I and the missus had ordered our food and when it came to the bill I gave the waiter my Taste Card. A minute later I believe the manager came up and advised that I could not use the Taste Card as I had not booked in advance, now since January I have gone to Dimitri's on four other occassions and this has never been a problem and I have always been able to use my Taste Card, so I advised him on this to which he replied that on their website it clearly states this, anyway I ended up paying the full price, which I don't mind, but if I had of known this I may have gone somewhere else i.e. La Vina on the same road which although not a Greek Tapas, is a gorgeous Spanish Tapas and i would have been more then happy to pay the full price in there.

Overall, my advise is be carefull, I see there are other reviews regarding this restaurant which are very similar to this, I would make sure that you ask if you can use your Taste Card before you order in future otherwise the horrible little manager in there will force you to pay the full amount. I believe this person to be a very devious man.

The food is tasty, but is not worth price they ask.

4 Thank AK1985UK
London, United Kingdom
“A screaming match”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had booked a table for 14 people at Dimitri's. More people turned up and the manager got annoyed. Maybe this was understandable but we fitted onto two tables and it was all ok.
When we arrived we have a 25% off voucher on one of the parties phone. We asked the waiter about it nd he said we needed to print it off. We went to the local internet cafe and printed off two copies. The voucher stated: to be used for maximum of 4 people 2 per table. That was fine. In every other instance of this type of voucher the bill is split into two and discount is given on one unless stated explicitly in the voucher that the bill cannot be split or it excludes bigger tables etc.

We ordered a lot of food and drink and had a great time. The food was good and there was a lot of it.

It was all going so well until we came to get the bill and we handed in our two freshly printed off vouchers.

Alas. Our joy was short lived.

The manager came out shouting and screaming at us saying we were in his words 'bull then something else I am not allowed to write on here' and trying to rip him off. He shouted at us for nearly 15 minutes almost solidly, breaking up into very rude greek directed at us to the fellow waiters (he did not know that at least one of our table was proficient enough to understand what was being said).

In the end he gave us 25% off the entire bill and when we tried to pay what we actually wanted and what should have been (technically 25% of 66.6% as there was 12 of us and a maximum of 8 people...) he shouted at us even more.

This is NOT a way to run a business and I would NOT recommend it to anybody. It is such a shame as it has been going for such a long time and the food was great, but the screaming match that ensued at the end of the night completely ruined it for everybody.

Don't go here.