“Royal treatment, amazing food”
Review of Wing's Restaurant

Wing's Restaurant
Ranked #790 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is tops for a special occasion - the waiting staff are extremely attentive, the food is very special, and we were treated like royalty. The "wow factor" is alive & well, and in Wing's.

There are newer reviews for Wing's Restaurant

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was my first visit to Wings Manchester and I had heard good reports about it. I am pleased to report that its all good. From the friendly greeting on entrance to leaving feeling completely stuffed the service was probably the best I have experienced not just at a Chinese / Cantonese restaurant but at any restaurant. Granted it was lunchtime and not exactly busy but I've been to many establishment where even when its quiet staff stand idle instead of looking after the customer. Im happy to say the staff were the most attentive I've experienced, without being overbearing. Glasses were always topped up, they even had a different glass for sparkling water as opposed to those drinking still! Again they asked throughout the meal if things were ok etc without being intrusives and certainly not over the top. Whoever had trained these staff wants to open a training school for other restauranteurs teaching them how its done. Im sorry for over stating this but believe me it was that good and thats coming from one who likes a good moan!
Food was also really good, there is plenty of choice and it was delicious. I recommend the scallops fried in chinese beer batter mmm they were to die for. With a decent bottle of wine it came to approx. £40 / head inc tip,not cheap by any means but you certainly felt like you had been treated very well indeed. Its certainly not as expensive as vermillion and a lot better.
I will certainly return well done Mr Wing!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went to this restaurant with colleagues expecting a pleasant dining experience. Unfortunately this was not to be. After 21/2 hours we still hadn't received our main courses even after asking several times. We had booked a table for cocktails elsewhere for 10:30 pm and although we put this back, our mains still hadn't arrived. We explained the situation to the owner expecting an apology - instead we received abuse. What an arrogant character this man is with no concept of customer service. He put the blame squarely on us for not telling the restaurant that we wanted to be out by 10:30. Anyone would have expected to receive more than starters after 2 1/2 hours! We normally go to Yang Sing and we shall certainly return there in the future. I shall never frequent Mr Wing's establishment in the future. His arrogance must be based on the number of rich footballers he entertains but if he can offend people like us who spent nearly £500 (without main courses or puddings) then good luck to him.

5  Thank BarbaraCheshire
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Came here for our Christmas work night out - what should have been a great night out turned out to be a complete disaster. We had a table booked at 8pm and arrived well in advance. We soon ordered starters and mains at the same time - by 10:20pm we'd only had our starters and were still waiting for our main courses, despite asking staff several times.

We had made a reservation for 10:30pm to go on elsewhere thinking we'd have plenty of time. When our MD went to speak to the manager and explain that we hadn't received our main courses and that we needed to re-book our 10:30pm reservation, he simply wasn't interested. He didn't offer any kind of apology, was exceptionally rude and arrogant and tried shifting the blame on us.

I can see from previous comments that people have been subjected to his serious lack of customer service skills and I can only concur with them that it leaves an awful lot to be desired.

We will not be returning back to Wing's - we chose it above the Yang Sing for a of change. What a BIG mistake. If you want a nice Chinese in Manchester, I'd suggest people avoid Wing's - the food, customer service and speed at the Yang Sing is far far superior.

8  Thank scottysalsam
Reviewed December 10, 2012

After waiting nearly 3 (yes three!) hours for main courses to arrive, we had to leave (with still no sign of the mains!!!) - The management proceeded to blame us for not telling him 'we were in a rush!' - Wanted to charge us 75% of the total order, despite only having starters and some duck, and then when I protested - proceeded to rip the receipt up 6 inches from my face and accuse me of being unfair. I have never experienced such shocking service from any restaurant, anywhere.

7  Thank JohnWP911