“excellent food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

we visited the restaurant on saturday and could not get a seat as there was 1 hour waiting list so we ordered take away and we did not expect but the food was really nice. we have not had authentic Indian food for a while now as all the so called Indian restaurants we have visited have nothing to do with India and foods bland.
visited once and will go again but hopefully we get a table the next time.

Slough, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Called ahead to make sure they could fit in a table for 2 on a Wednesday night. The lady on the phone said there was space and that it would not be a problem to fit in a table for 2 but they do not let anyone pre book tables. After a 25 minute journey specifically to go to the restaurant we were told that there was a 40 minute wait and had been for over an hour.

Needless to say I was massively unimpressed and there was no attempt to to change my mind at the door where the man who told us there was a 40 minute wait simply smirked at our frustration.

Don't go!

Manchester, Vermont
“115th in Manchester ,your having a laugh.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It's taken a while for me to use and understand Tripadvisor reviews.
A point of caution to others imo,whilst reading the reviews do not forget to look at the experience of those reviewing,very important.i.e I take NO notice of reviews ,where reviewers have only posted once or twice ,TREAT THESE REVIEWS WITH EXTREME CAUTION!

So now ( just toady)I am introducing my own bench mark,MY DAUGHTER IN LAW SCALE. You see she's a bit posher than us and if she's satisfied then that's good enough for me.

Whilst dining in a very busy Akbars we were discussing the ups and downs of TA ,and the subject noted above.Now she's says that our favourite Indian in Manchester ,the Punjab would score low because of the decor,ok that's fair although food wise is good.But Akbars would win hands down because of atmosphere,decor,service and food .And you know what I agreed with her!!

It's was early Monday evening ( 6 ish) and very busy ( for a Monday) the food was excellent,the service excellent,the price fine,I was critical previously of Akbars waiting system,but when the everything is this good it's no surprise it's busy.

It's 115th of the list of reviews for Manchester restaraunts, well that just makes the review list look sillyand unreliable,not a lot TA can do about it though,just be aware.I can assure you Akbars is a 115 times better than some of the top ten,in our opinion.

So from now on its the daughter in law test,there are a couple of places in the top ten she would refuse to go in,never mind dine!!

She's a fussy begger.

2 Thank John W
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Two of us went to Akbars to celebrate an upcoming wedding. I couldn't knock the quality of the food at all (balti, pakoras, tikka - great ingredients and well cooked), and there wasn't a long wait despite the restaurant being heaving. It was quite expensive and the portions weren't exactly lavish, but worth it.

I think what let the place down was the service. Having a great reputation I feel has made them a bit lazy. We were ushered to our seat with a cursory wave. Also, the second waiter 'accused' us of ordering 4 poppadoms with the initial waiter, and then eating 2, so as to only be charged for 2 (we'd only ordered 2), which wasn't the welcome I would expect.

It's a nice ambience, but I won't be rushing back in the near future.

Budapest, Hungary
“Best Indian food i have had in my life”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is without a doubt the best Indian food i have had in my life. My 2 travel companions agreed with this statement. The place has a good atmosphere and is very crowded (we had to wait 40 minutes) but it was worth it. We had starter, 4 main courses, naan, beer etc for 60 pounds so the place is reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend anyone going to Manchester to visit Akbar's