“Well priced great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Akbar's

Akbar's
Ranked #154 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Well priced great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Second visit and still very impressed. Food is great quality and well priced. It seems to be busy at all times which, depending on where you're seated, can affect the atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food was great, me and my friends loved the lamb chops, i would highly recommend you to visit this restaurant the branch manager made us feel so welcome and was really friendly i will definatly revisit this restaurant as it is one of the the best in manchester.

The service was great
The food was delicious
The customer service was just outstanding

I would just like to thank the branch manager THANK YOU

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab food, great service, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We love this place - we keep going back.
The food is top quality and the staff are really friendly.
You often have to wait a bit in the bar before you get seated, and the place is really popular. I don't think you can book though - only for big parties I think. It's worth the wait, though.

Totnes, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

6.30, table of 8 Sunday evening and it was heaving! But we got a table within 15 minutes. The waiters couldn't do enough for us - explaining dishes, making recommendations etc. I was sharing a curry with my four year old but it was too spicy for her so they knocked up a child's korma on the house for her! The naans are fresh and fluffy, the currries were amazing and the price was less than we normally pay for takeaway back home!! Can't wait to go to Manchester again !!

manchester
“Don't believe the hype.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would love to be able to sit here and write a review of the food at Akbars as I have been led to believe that it is lovely. Unfortunately I cannot.

After waiting almost 2 hours for a table (after being told it would be about 80 minutes) myself, and the rest of my party walked out. Was it the extended delay that annoyed most ? Perhaps the lack of information did it ? Could it have been the way our name remained on the top of the "announcer's" list while names below ours were being seated and crossed off ? Maybe the condescending way the staff looked at and treated us? Anyway, we escaped the cattle market, school cafeteria restaurant for a known safe haven and managed to resurrect our evening.

Will I be visiting Akbars again ? Never !

• Visited February 2013