“Another good night”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Less than 10 minutes' walk from the Manchester Arndale shopping centre, Deansgate and Manchester Opera House, Piccolino is a comfortable Italian restaurant in Manchester city centre. Situated on Clarence Street, Piccolino showcases a delicious variety of contemporary and traditional Italian dishes. Prepared in an open kitchen, you can observe the chefs as they create a range of rustic and straightforward Italian dishes using the freshest ingredients. Alongside popular dishes such as risottos, classic pasta options and stone-baked pizzas, the menu also features a succulent selection of meat and fresh fish courses. The Italian cuisine, prime location and friendly ambience all combine to make Piccolino Manchester ideal for an intimate dinner or a business lunch.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another good night”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Have visited Piccolinos a few times and will keep coming back. The food is great with a good range of dishes, it feels authentic and portions are just right. I had veal with porcini sauce on my last visit and a lovely Lemon polena dessert. There's a good wine list too, I recommend the Fiaro. It's well located in the city centre and usually quite busy without being over crowded or too noisy. The staff are prompt and helpful.

It doesn't have the same distinctiveness as say Chicchetti or the architecture of Jamie's, but it offers consistently good food and service and is one of my reliable choices for a pleasant night.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
“Good Italian restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

On the evening of 1 January Manchester appeared to be closed for business ... but, as we searched for somewhere reasonable to eat, we came across Piccolinos, for the first time.

Even though it was pretty busy, we got seated immediately and had a most attentive and professional water attending to us.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our main choices and the wine.

Net was, my companion and I both had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. The pricing may be a bit on the high side, but not to the point of puting us off returning.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank PaulTR
“Expensive but worth it”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Bill came to £250 for 5 of us, which I rate as kinda pricey, but the food was very nice. I got calamari to start, chicken and mushroom with gnocci for main and tiramisu for dessert. The main was especially delicious, the starter was a bit average though. Service was very good and its in a pretty cool setting.

“An average Italian”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I came here in a group of 8 for a Sunday Christmas get together with friends.

The welcome was quite friendly but we were seated to the right of the bar near the main door, next to the main door is another one used for prams etc and when this was opened our table was engulfed in cold air.

If the restaurant was packed out and this was the only table available I would have fully understood (even though we had booked) but this was not the case; half the restaurant was empty.

The garlic bread was nice and my ribeye steak was cooked okay but for the price your paying you expect that something special. My partner's chicken was good but my friend's pizza looked distinctly average (she stated it was).

There was nothing very wrong with Piccolinos but there was nothing very right either; I will not be returning.

Visited December 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Spot-on !”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

New Years Eve, 8pm, 6 people, no reservation, seated within minuets, sharp attentive service, pleasing food, sensibly priced, well looked after. Could not ask for any more.

• Visited December 2013