“Excellent meal and service”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 2,421 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Less than 10 minutes' walk from the Manchester Arndale shopping centre, Deansgate and Manchester Opera House, Piccolino is a comfortable Italian restaurant in Manchester city centre. Situated on Clarence Street, Piccolino showcases a delicious variety of contemporary and traditional Italian dishes. Prepared in an open kitchen, you can observe the chefs as they create a range of rustic and straightforward Italian dishes using the freshest ingredients. Alongside popular dishes such as risottos, classic pasta options and stone-baked pizzas, the menu also features a succulent selection of meat and fresh fish courses. The Italian cuisine, prime location and friendly ambience all combine to make Piccolino Manchester ideal for an intimate dinner or a business lunch.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Took customers to the restaurant on 12th June and the service was excellent, great atmosphere and the food superb.

Started with the Gamberoni - king prawns with chilli and lemon which was a large portion and fantastic flavour, main meal Bone-in Prime Rib 395g ,rare and cooked to perfection, will definately return.

Not cheap but I am a great believer in you get what you pay for

4  Thank seandonal
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

First visit to this place prior to a show so we were in early. The service was excellent so was the food. Real Italian feel to the place. Not cheap but worth it will be back on next visit to Manchester.

3  Thank Tony D
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant before and always had an enjoyable time though I think the menu is quite expensive. I have never been before on a Sunday so was pleased to see the inclusion of a 'Sunday Roast'. There were 3 of us for dinner (at 6pm) and we hadn't booked but were seated immediately. The staff were super friendly and lots of their evening was spent singing various Happy Birthdays - loudly and with great enthusiasm! The food was really very good and I have fallen in love with the gravy served with the succulent roast chicken. Although massively filling I also managed the lovey cheesecake which I strongly recommend. We drank a very nice Pinot Grigio Blush and the waiter was very attentive but not at all obtrusive - filling glasses and replenishing bottles.
The restaurant itself is cleverly laid out so it is quite densely packed but feels spacious. Although fairly busy it had a buzzing atmosphere and everyone there seemed to be having fun - all brought together by us singing at least 4 Happy Birthdays.
We had a great time - fun, relaxed and great food/wine.

2  Thank glad2getaway
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The only reason I've given this 2 points is due to the staff. Super friendly and lovely. the food...aweful...swordfish..if you can't cook fish simply don't have it on the menu. it was over cooked and the side of potatoes were burnt. The pasta, had no seasoning, it was completely bland. One pasta dish was served stone cold. When my friend complained there was no real apology. A couple of friends had steak. The cut wasn't the greatest and it was over cooked. The fact that staff called the dish as welldone when it was ordered rare should of given us a clue. If you charge £20 a steak it needs to be decent. I think the kitchen has the mantra of serve quick and turn over the tables. Clearly the food reflects this. I found the whole experience, really disheartening. I love Italian food, but i feel that this manchester institution needs to take a long hard look at the food that they put out. I would not eat here again. The cost for two people £70. The only enjoyable element the draft moretti....

3  Thank jo a
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I previously visited here with my work on our Christmas meal and had a set menu. The service which we received from the waiting staff was excellent considering the number of guests they were having to cater for. Nothing was ever too much hassle, the food was very quick to be delivered to the tables, and the quality of the food was amazing.
Due to enjoying my visit so much, I returned yesterday with my mum for lunch. We were very quickly greeted on arrival and made to feel very welcome, with waitors offering to take our coats to be hung up. Our waitor (JOSE) was great!!!! He was very friendly and very attentive, always coming over to make sure everything is okay, and having a polite and charming converstation with guests. Also, my mother and I were spoilt for choice with the desert menu, so we asked Jose for a reccommendation, which could not be faulted! Tiramisu and panna cotta!
After a fabulous meal, my mother and I signed of for a loyalty card as we can garuntee we will definitley be returning again! (And asking for Jose!!!)

Thank you for a fab experience! :)

2  Thank Beth H