“Oh the meet so tasty me likey likey ”
Review of Gaucho Manchester

Gaucho Manchester
Ranked #76 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Oh the meet so tasty me likey likey ”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The rib-eye was delicious. Asked for medium rare and got it that way. Quality! Booked two days in advance.

• Indonesian first
Manchester, Lancashire
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I love this place, from the rawhide, to black and white decor, the attentive and educated staff, the quick service and most delicious steak ever - this really is a great place to go, my mouth is watering already at the thought of our next visit.

• Visited December 2013
lincoln uk
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great food, decor and staff. Love the black & white theme for the restaurant chain, the London restaurants also excellent.

• Visited August 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous place but I've had better food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Wow this place is visually stunning, all black & white.
Friend & I visited Tuesday evening.
I had a cocktail which was ok.
Had just been to the living room & had some stunning cocktails but this wasn't as good. 2nd cocktail was better but 2bh I think they were both overpriced at £9.75 & £10.75.
We were served some bread, butter & oil before our starters which were delicious.
To start I had 2 empanadas, 1 chicken, 2nd cheese & onion. They were quite nice.
Friend had prawns & black pudding. £15 for 4 prawns on 4 rounds of black pudding appx 3cm diameter 1cm thick. Not the biggest starter but probably enough as black pudding is rich.
We both opted for the burger for main @ £15.50. They were quite nice. Better than HRC or GBK...no I'm afraid not.
It came with chips but no garnish whatsoever. Everything was extra.
We got 3 sauces, mushroom, peppercorn & garlic bernaise. They were delicious although very small for £2.95 each.
We didn't have dessert.
Came to £94 in all with 2 cocktails, 1 bottle if water at almost £5 & 1 mocktail.
I was expecting to have my socks blown off but think this place is overpriced & I've had better elsewhere.

1 Thank Denise T
Manchester
“Why did we go again, said we never would!!!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

After being seated we waited to be asked if we wanted a drink......15 minutes later I stopped our server as he was passing and asked if we could order some drinks. He abruptly said he would be back in two minutes; cut a long story short, we finally got a drink 40 minutes after being seated. We then went through the rather 'old hat' routine of being presented with 4 different raw cuts of beef on a wooden board...boring and unnecessary. We then ordered our food and one of the four asked for her steak medium with NO blood. Our food came....eventually and the steak requested as NO blood was swimming in it once the steak had been cut into. Two of us asked for pepper sauce and there was absolutely no hint of pepper at all. I had asked for my steak medium to rare and received it more medium to well. Clearly they had mixed the two steaks up! Anyway, when I brought the above to the attention of the server allegedly looking after our table, he told us there was no blood coming from the steak it was in fact the meat juices! Hysterical. He also went on to educate us about the pepper sauce, it isn't actually supposed to be peppery, it's more of a gravy. He was a real patronising idiot who clearly didn't know the meaning of the word 'customer' and was really bad at his job. If he worked in America (where servers rely on tips) he would starve! He was hopeless and incredibly annoying. I then summonsed the manager who was almost as annoying as the server, tried to excuse everything that had gone wrong, removed a steak from the bill and off he trotted. £170.00 for 3 steaks and 5 drinks! We received very poor service here 12 or 13 months ago and said we would never go back; but we did...big mistake. Never going back again. Sam's Chop House is the way forward; they know how to treat customers, how to cook and how to charge!

• Visited December 2013