“Best steak I have ever had.”
Review of Gaucho Manchester

Gaucho Manchester
Ranked #72 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best steak I have ever had.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ok starting with the basics I will confirm what everybody else says; the place is not cheap. But you get what you pay for in terms of quality and surroundings. It is very classy and over the top but not in an over bearing fashion, the waiters and waitresses are very professional and clearly know what they are doing which is a nice change and present you with a display of meats before you make your choice to which one you prefer. The wine menu again isn't cheap but saying that we ordered one of the cheaper reds (£35ish) and it was marvellous!
I had the sirloin steak (can't remember the fancy name it had on the menu) and it was quite simply the best steak I have ever eaten. Cooked perfectly medium rare as I asked. Honestly quite fantastic and the side dishes that we ordered with it were amazing also.
Very very nice indeed. Although wont be dining there too often because of the price but will certainly be back on special occasions.

• Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
Cheshire
“Great Steaks Though Rather Pricey”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a business meal here for 7, and the food was top notch. The steaks were delicious, cooked to perfection, and the service all night was very good, prompt and friendly. The restaurant was packed, which shows how popular it is, but it is not cheap. In fact, it is expensive, but for a special occasion, I suppose that's OK.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“More style than substance and not cheap”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I really do just wonder whether this restaurant is a case of more style than substance. I went here about six or seven years ago to celebrate my children’s A’Levels and it seemed very expensive for what we had. I seem to recall thinking that I didn’t get a lot for my money even though the visual experience and service made it seem quite fun.

The ‘theatrical’ presentation of steaks and meats before they’re cooked is a really good way of pitching Gaucho as experts in what they cook. And the whole Argentinian provenance adds an air of authenticity. The cow hide covered chairs and the predominantly south American wine menu all add to the overall proposition.

However, I hadn’t been back since 2005 until last week when I was invited for the tail end of a friend’s 50th. On this occasion I had a Don Pedro ice cream for dessert which was sold as an ice cream dish with whisky. Served in an over-sized brandy glass, the dessert really sums up what Gaucho is all about – too much style and not enough attention to detail around content. Viusally it was a real table conversation piece but the ice cream was largely non descript and the suggestion of whiskey was feint. At £9.50 I wanted to be blown away with a mixture of cream, whisky vapours and a medley of flavours. Sadly, it fell far short of the mark.

On this one course experience, I can’t say I’ll be making my way back to Gaucho in a hurry. Very flashy and visually very convincing – but they need to focus more on the details. It’s a cheap place to eat and other Bar & Grill venues do much more, much better for less.

In its favour, the staff are extremely attentive, stylish and knowledgeable about the menu - and are real ambassadors for the brand. The venue is a stunner too. It's a shame that it falls short in a few key areas.

• Visited May 2013
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Arranged to take my boyfriend for his birthdat! Gorgeous mouth watering steaks, great side dishes. Excellent service. Is quite pricey, especially wine and cocktails £100 for two of us, without a starter! Nice for a special occasion though!

“Celebration meal”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Lovely interior. Good atmosphere inside was very busy but the service was slow did find the overall price was expensive for what you got. Overall was good experience