“Enjoyable pre-theatre dinner”
Review of Cafe Istanbul

Cafe Istanbul
Ranked #163 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are proud to be the longest established restaurant in Manchester, serving Turkish and Mediterranean food for over 35 years. Based upon traditional cooking techniques, we delight in serving high quality Turkish cuisine, using only the highest quality ingredients cooked to perfection.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went here last night we ate early but by the time we left at 7.30 it was very busy.
My husband really enjoyed his starter and the garlic pitta bread was lovely. Mains were very good and a wide choice of wines and other drinks available.
Nice informal place to eat with very friendly staff. Quite expensive though as portions are small.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Istanbul

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We went for the early bird special at £13.50 for two courses and a warm drink. We got lots and lots of very good food and were full up after eating it. The service was a bit slow but maybe this was as we were eating early.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We been at Cafe Istanbul for my birthday last year, it was nice and warm, not very busy, with really yummy turkish foods, however it wasn't really looking like what we had in turkish restaurants but anyway we loved it. I have heard from a friend this restaurant usually been one of the best in manchester.

2  Thank Sheena-Sep2012
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Booked a table here for New Years eve as it was the only place we could get in at the last minute, but I was not disappointed. The place was busy with a good atmosphere and the food was delicious. I had not been to a Turkish restaurant before but I was spoilt for choice. I had the vine leaves to start and the chicken with feta and spinach for mains. It was cooked so well and melted in your mouth. One thing which was delicious was the rice. I don't know what they used to flavour it but I have never had such tasty rice. The staff were friendly and attentive. I will be returning and recommending it to others.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Great service and super portions of super food. We shared the mezze platter for starters and then had a main course each which was plenty ! We will return sooner rather than later.