No photo provided
Hanni's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A very mixed experience for us two. My starter (falafels) was dreadful - I cannot believe it was made in the restaurant and am convinced they were out of a packet, and overcooked. Unfortunately when you have such a bad start it kindda impacts the whole thing. However, the mixed kebab main course was pretty good and the steak and chicken pieces were excellent. My partner's meal was all quite nice, no complaints. It was quite quiet for a Saturday which surprised me - I think a really good restaurant in that position would be heaving on a Saturday. Place itself is OK (but very hot the night we went). Service was absolutely fine and staff were nice. It was pretty pricey, so we probably wouldn't return.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Have been visiting Hanni's since it first opened and I cant say anything has changed in all these years. The food is always good quality and authentic. The staff are always frendly and I feel it is good value for money. Realised this time that they do a take-away service and we will certainly take advantage of that.
The prawn kebab remains my favorite but the cous cous dishes and meat kebabs look equally good. A 3 course meal for 3 with a bottle of wine and coffees= £99.00
Was glad to see the restaurant was busy as it has been quiet the last couple of times we visited. I hope they are around for many more years

1  Thank Lorna M
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was a welcome return to Hannis as I have moved down to Cambridgehsire. The quality of the food is exceptional and every bit as good as I rememebered, there is nothing worse than returning to an establishment to find that the food had gone down hill, this was not the case. You can tell that they use the best quality ingrediants, the Mezzeh is amazing and they even served gluten free Pitta bread. High recomended.

1  Thank 756JoanneE756
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This place is usually shut on Mondays but opened up for our sole use for a 65th celebration. We had a set price menu and chose our meals a couple of days before, I would definitely recommend this set up/venue for similar events. The food was well cooked and very tasty and the hosts were extremely attentive with drinks and service. I have previously eaten here and the food is always consistently good, the chicken kebabs is my fave and the Aubergine bake starter is fabulous. They also do a take out service.

1  Thank Laurajane12
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Don't know why, but I don't appear to have submitted a review for Hanni's, despite being a regular overy more years than I can remember. The ownership has evolved over the years, but the overall experience remains largely the same.. that is, excellent.

I find the food consistently very good (varies somewhat depending on who is in the kitchen - but not in a bad way). The service is generally very good, but as a regular, I just fit into the experience, like a member of the family, and take things as they come.

The fact that I probably eat at Hanni's (a 10 minute walk from home) as often as eating at all other restaurants, speaks for itself. Do yourself a favour, join the 'family' and just enjoy the friendliness and quality food.

1  Thank PaulTR