“Lovely food, attentive service”
Review of Hanni's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hanni's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This place is usually shut on Mondays but opened up for our sole use for a 65th celebration. We had a set price menu and chose our meals a couple of days before, I would definitely recommend this set up/venue for similar events. The food was well cooked and very tasty and the hosts were extremely attentive with drinks and service. I have previously eaten here and the food is always consistently good, the chicken kebabs is my fave and the Aubergine bake starter is fabulous. They also do a take out service.

1  Thank Laurajane12

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Don't know why, but I don't appear to have submitted a review for Hanni's, despite being a regular overy more years than I can remember. The ownership has evolved over the years, but the overall experience remains largely the same.. that is, excellent.

I find the food consistently very good (varies somewhat depending on who is in the kitchen - but not in a bad way). The service is generally very good, but as a regular, I just fit into the experience, like a member of the family, and take things as they come.

The fact that I probably eat at Hanni's (a 10 minute walk from home) as often as eating at all other restaurants, speaks for itself. Do yourself a favour, join the 'family' and just enjoy the friendliness and quality food.

1  Thank PaulTR
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Only went because of rave reviews on TA.
We were the only 2 in the place for 30 minutes.
We had the early bird special of 2 veg & cheese bake which was fine nothing wow & took 25 minutes to arrive.
My wife had spicy meat balls & I had the chicken kebab.
The sauce for the kebab arrived 10 minutes later when I was half way though the meal.
There was no heating on & the place was cold, we kept our coats on the whole time.
Wont be rushing back as we were both very disappointed & would not recommend this place either.
The bill was £27.50 inc 2 half lager.
By comparison we often go to the Roebuck in Flixton & for the same price you get a huge selection of mouth watering starters & excellent choice of mains which includes any drink.
There is no comparison.
Spec of Roebuck is:
Church st. Flixton. m41 0hd
Tel: 0161 - 748 - 4046
Gets my vote, been here dozens of time, a winner every time.
You defiantly would not say that about Hanni's but they cannot please everybody.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Middle East/North African cuisine is my description of this food with overtones of the med. Warm atmosphere, outstanding service and delightful food make this hidden gem a must. Very reasonably priced with such a different menu it is one I would go to willingly when we travel to Sale. Love it and if you live in the area and not been you are missing out!!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having got a last minute babysitter, we decided to go out for our anniversary and wanted to eat locally in Sale. We decided to return to Hannis having not been for quite a few years.
Thankfully things were as good as I remember them. Nothing much had changed (which is not a criticism as why change what you are good at)
We went for the Chefs Banquet which at £22.50/head which was really good value.
A large mixed platter of starters with delicious hoummus (you forget what real hoummus tastes like after eating bland supermarket stuff), very good stuffed vineleaves and plenty of other stuff.
Mains was a mix of grilled meats, all tender and well cooked, served with rice, couscous, salad and two sauces.
Dessert was a mixed platter of turkish delight, baklava, and other extremely sweet cakes (not my cup of tea too sweet) Wife enjoyed them though especially the Halva.

Wine list well priced but could do with more of a Mediterranean selection (hardly a big grumble)

All in all pretty hard to fault, good service, nice atmosphere, nice food.