“Best grill in Rusholme”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been going to Caspian for some time now and decided to take a trip with a small group of friends. Caspian is mainly Iranian/Persian food and serves a large range of delicious grilled meats and kebabs as well as a number of specials.

We were offered a special mixed grill for £25 for the three of us which consisted of a huge platter of grilled chicken, chello kebab, lamb chops, all served on a bed of fragrant pilau rice and grilled vegetables as well as a deliciously crisp naan bread. It also comes with a bowl of special tomato sauce which is great with the rice.

The food is amazing and we were stuffed at the end. Salad is excellent and the bread was perfect. You can also ask for yoghurt sauce and chilli sauce.

All in all a superb meal which worked out about £8 each which is great value. Caspian is probably my favourite cafe in Rusholme and your first stop for Persisn food.

1  Thank Bigbrudda

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've been to the Caspian many times and never had anything other than excellent fresh food. The kebabs are freshly cooked to order and served with a choice of nan or rice (both options are good). I have also introduced my children to their kebabs and both of them now actually ask to go to the Caspian if we are in the area.
I always go for the double kobedhi with Nan but I have also tried the chicken tikka and lemon chicken kebabs are also very nice.
Ask for the option of special sauce which can be served 'on the side' in a small bowl. Finally, I have just introduced my wife (who before she went was a little sceptical, but after the visit was raving about the quality and value) and we had a family meal, including soft drinks for four people for £20 Amazing value.

7  Thank Mikeo111
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Everything here is good.
The kobeda is delicious and the bread lite and crispy.
Good salad and tasty rice.
The Chillo kebab and the Quabili pilau are firm favourites.
Help and friendly staff.

2  Thank Dinnergong
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I’ve eaten a lot of kebabs all over the world but the Caspian chicken schwarma is EASILY the best I’ve ever tried anywhere in the UK. Not only do you get a perfectly cooked naan the size of two dinner plates (most curry houses should buy get their breads from here) but you also get a massive plate of meat and some salad all for a paltry £3.90. Incredible.

3  Thank Turkeyphant
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Amazing awesome iranian food, spectacular kebabs..lovely and very cozy atmosphere, great service.The owner, Masut , and others they do a very good job overall on food and service... If you r looking for some traditional Iranian food, a quick kebab or even a take away, then this is the place to go. This restaurant remind me that sometimes , life needs just a little more saffron.
Ive eaten here just twice,but most of the plates are pretty huge. Every bite of the kebab sent me into sweet oblivion, where nothing but the explosion of succulent taste in my mouth mattered, while the Basmati Rice and fresh salad helped to pull everything into a mutually-complementary whole..hahaha !!
I don't know how this restaurant compares to other Persian establishments, but based on this single experience alone, I am now a fan of the cuisine and would recommend this to anybody who is seeking to venture outside of the familiar or is simply looking to fulfill their cravings for savory Persian flavor..As a first experience with Persian cuisine, I define this place CULINARY ART..I am not Persian, but I love Persian food. And when I'm really in the mood for it this is the only place will always think..
Please note: The whole point of Persian food is the meat, so don't waste your time to come here to eat shrimp or vegetables - you will be missing out! Kabab Koobideh is my favorite - flavorful, succulent - yum, yum, yum!..so my bottom line is : EAT AT THIS PLACE ! DONT MISS IT !

3  Thank Stefana P