“Great Chinese restaurant”
Review of The Rice Bowl

The Rice Bowl
Ranked #63 of 2,371 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Me and family have been to this Chinese on several occasions and we are never disappointed
The atmosphere is serene and the staff are very attentive.
The menu has a wide choice of dishes and banquets to choose from at reasonable prices, the food always arrives very quickly and always piping hot.
I would recommend this Chinese restaurant to anyone visiting Manchester

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love eating here and have been like 3 times now. Always great freshly cooked food and loads of it. Friendly waiters and its clean. Nowhere seems to taste as good as this place which is why I keep going back! Sometimes you have to wait for a table but it is so worth it.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

As always great food served with a chinese smile. Good choice on menu and an early diner option at a good price prior to the theatre or cinema.
One if the best chinese in town.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I don't tend to like the food in Chinese restaurants as they serve it too fast (meaning everything is pre cooked and heated to order).

Unfortunately this seemed to be the case here too. No sooner were we given a bowl of greasy prawn crackers with two dips (no explanation from the waiter what they were) then they were being moved over for our main courses.

I tried crispy chicken and my colleague had sweet and sour chicken. My boiled rice was stuck together. The chicken was nice but it was served with huge chunks of onion (1/4 of an onion). I do like veg but not sure chomping my way through quarters of onions is my idea of a great meal.

Would not return.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My first experience of Manchester China town. This was a clearly popular resteraunt as had to wait 10mins for a table, but worth it. Ordered a starter each but should have ordered one to share as was far bigger than the equivalent I. London. Main course was also very generous and tasty.