“Top Quality Real Chinese Food!”
Review of The Rice Bowl

The Rice Bowl
Ranked #64 of 2,399 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We found this restaurant on trip advisor and thought we would give it a go... The restaurant was fairly quiet and we were seated quickly. Starters came - No Small portions there! We had the Chicken Satay, Beef ribs and Chicken in lettuce. Main courses came after (no long wait) There was plenty to go around and the waiter kept topping up on the rice! Staff all very attentive, friendly and welcoming.... Deffo recommend.

1  Thank bizey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Booked a table for 8pm for my partners birthday which we were both looking forward to.However at 8.35pm we were still waiting to be seated only to be told there would be at least another 15 minute wait!! The infuriating thing was that they seated people in larger parties but the couples were kept waiting. Why did they let us book if they had no intention of keeping to the time scales. We ended up have a burger on the way home - so much for a birthday treat! Wont be visiting again.

1  Thank pamwade63
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We usually always go to the same Chinese restaurant in Manchester, I decided we needed to be more adventurous, so after looking on trip advisor we decided to try The Rice Bowl. I did ring to make a reservation but was told it would be fine to just come down. When we got there cost omers were queuing out of the door, not good I thought!!! I went to see a waitress and told her about my earlier phone call, she told us to get a drink and she would sort us a table out. Although it is a small bar area(postage stamp size) the bar man was lovely to us, within 10 minuets we had our table. The food and wine was lovely and when the bill came it was easy on my purse. The whole evening was a lovely experience, I will defiantly pay another visit!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a real gem for reasonably priced,tasty food.The lunch time specials are excellent value and the food never fails to delight.Good for families and couples alike.The service is very good.One of the restaurants our children clamour to go to and my husband and I aim to meet up in for lunch once a week.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very lively, busy and efficient. Service good. Prices reasonable. The overpowering smell of cooking food, such as on platters, was great when we first arrived and made us even more hungry but the fact that it lingered was a bit off putting and we were glad to get into fresh air after we'd eaten. A pity as the food itself was really very good. We would try again though, not put off completely.