“Lovely meal on a rainy Manchester day!”
Review of The Rice Bowl

The Rice Bowl
Ranked #56 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal on a rainy Manchester day!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I probably chose the worst weekend (for weather) to visit Manchester, but thankfully 'The Rice Bowl' perked our friday afternoon up! We got the £12.95 evening set meal which was gorgeous, and great quality for the price. We arrived at 5pm and the place was empty but within 15 minutes almost 5 more groups had arrived, so you could tell it was a popular place! The chicken and sweetcorn soup warmed us right up and the little extras such as prawn crackers with dips and fruit for afters was lovely. I only wish there was a rice bowl in Newcastle!

Visited January 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant last minute having read trip advisor reviews we thought we would give it a go, we got a taxi from the hotel that we were staying at,we rang the Rice Bowl earlier to see if we needed to book and they told us that they didn't take bookings for couple as it was that fast paced we didn't need too, we knew it would be busy as it was Sat night and to be honest it actually added to the experience. We were seated straight away and got our drinks an didn't have to wait long for our food (considering how busy it was we were expecting a little wait.) the Food was amazing I've never had crispy duck like that it was the best I've ever had .... The mains were just as nice I had crispy chicken in mandarin sauce an my boyfriend had sweet and sour sauce and to top it off the price was very decent, a fabulous place with great service food and for a good price. Hopefully be back in the next few months

1 Thank MRS-PEEPS
“Never a bad meal!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been to the Rice Bowl many times and it still remains my favourite Chinese by far.

Its a lovely little place located in a basement not far from the Arndale.

The service is always great and the prices are average.

They provide prawn crackers to start the portions are massive so I would recommend sharing mains if your getting a variety of rice and noodles.

• Visited November 2013
Cardiff
“Boring with barely adequate food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Walked across Manchester from hotel to eat here on strength of other reviews. A cellar restaurant, first impressions were it was clean but rather gloomy and old fashioned. Service was friendly and pleasant but food less than inspiring. Barbecue beef puffs were small pasty shaped pastries which looked and tasted as if they'd come straight from the freezer. fried vegetables were ok but the peanut sauce was bland and reminded me of my gran's onion gravy. Sizzling Mongolian beef was also bland though repeated on me all next morning. Wasn't cheap, around £26 without alcohol, and left me feeling rather unsatisfied. I'd walked past Chinatown to get there and wish I'd stopped off somewhere else on the way, there looked many more attractive places.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cardiff27
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Chinese Food!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We visited the Rice Bowl in the evening after reading reviews on here. The food was amazing,you get a very warm welcome and looked after throughout your visit. I really enjoyed it and would most certainly go back again.

• Visited January 2014