“Great Food & Value”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
London, England
“Great Food & Value”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited this place as a party of 10 and booked a few hours ahead.

It's a basement restaurant and the outside entrance is currently covered with scaffolding. There's a temporary sign however and we found it quite easily. It's ideally located if you're coming from the Christmas Market at the Town Hall.

The place is spotlessly clean. Even the loo's.

Can't fault a thing. The food was great. Hot and tasty. It all arrives withy smiling and polite staff very quickly and well presented.

Our bill came to £114 for ten including drinks,starters and main courses.

Try it. Highly recommended and thank you Rice Bowl for being just excellent.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch....unplanned on a wet day !!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were in Manchester with family for 3 days and had not planned to have lunch but whilst out and about it started to rain like it did not intend to stop so we went into The Rice Bowl as we passed ...what a find we had a superb meal ,very extensive menu and good service in fact thank goodness it rained .

Lancashire, England
“One of the better Chinese in Manchester”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've eaten at a lot of the many Chinese restaurants in Manchester and some are very good and some pretty poor. The Rice Bowl is definitely in the former category and has an extensive menu with a few specials you don't find that often.

Overall it was good but it's hard not to be aware that you're eating in a slightly shabby windowless basement and I felt the lighting at our table could have been better.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Didnt even get to eat!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I rang up the Rice Bowl on Saturday about 5 to ask if we could book a table for two, they said however we could not book for just two people. We then went down 30 minutes later and were told when we arrived that there would be a 20 minute wait, which wasn't too bad, however we were ignored for the first 10 minutes after arriving. The restaurant was fairly busy so they sat us down on two stools in the corner. We then decided to order two drinks. After waiting about 20 minutes and still not having received any drinks 2 other diners entered the restaurant and were seated straight away. I asked the manager why they were seated after we had clearly been waiting for now over 20 minutes. She said that they had booked at which point I stated that when i rang i was not allowed to book for just a table of two. She then showed me the booking form which had there table booked for 6.30, the time now being 6.15. I asked why we couldn't have the table as they were not even due for another 15 minutes and we had been waiting. The lady manager pretty much dismissed me and sat the diners at there table. By this stage I had had enough so we both decided to leave the restaurant. With customer service and first impressions counting for so much I must say that it was truly terrible. The food did look great that was being served, however I will not be returning as I feel that they just didnt care about our custom. I appreciate it may have been busy but to not even serve us a drink after waiting, and then to dismiss us and allow somebody to take there seats prior to us was unacceptable. I dont mean to paint a terrible picture as this could have just been a one off, however i think my score and views are valid given the experience I received.

1 Thank Matthew A
London
“fantastic food friendly staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

ate here Thursday 7th November 2 set meals at £25 per person and 2 veggie set meals at £18 per person 1 bottle prosecco chinese tea and water £115. very good quality food and service was attentive and polite.More than enough food so much in fact that we took home a doggie bag home