“Really tasty food!”

Bella Italia Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #638 of 2,296 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open from breakfast through to lunch and dinner, Bella Italia is always a popular choice in Manchester's Piccadilly. Right in the heart of the city centre, Bella Italia is a big hit with visitors to the city as well as hungry locals. Well priced Italian eats are what you'll find here, all served in the attractive rustic style dining room. Tuck into delicious breakfasts such as the Inglese (an English fry up with a few Italian touches) or coffee and pastries, or why not try the very well priced set lunch menu. The a la carte offers plenty of choice from pizzas to pastas and grilled meats and fish to salads and burgers and tasty starters. Desserts always go down a treat, especially the house dessert 'The Godfather', a mouthwatering mix of chocolate brownie, chocolate sauce, toffee, vanilla ice cream and fresh cream.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Really tasty food!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Me and my Mum went on a Sunday afternoon for a late lunch and loved it! The service was very good (we had just about the most Italian looking waiter in the world :P) and we got our food surprisingly fast (drinks within a few minutes, main course within 10-15 mins, dessert after 5 mins) and it was really delicious! My Mum ordered the Polpette Americano and I ordered Carbonara, and we both very much enjoyed it! The dessert (Godfather Ice Cream Sundae) was really rich and AMAZING! Loved the decor too, it was nicely decorated and made me want to go to Italy! Just one thing: my main course portion could have been a little bigger, it didn't leave me hungry but I wasn't as full as I would like to have been. However, that didn't tarnish my experience and I would still definitely return :)

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Dry chicken”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The chicken was dry and tasteless, vegetables and dessert was nice though. The restaurant floor is wobbly. My table was in the middle of the restaurant, and it jumped every time someone passed, witch was all the time.

Visited September 2013
Manchester UK
“A great restaurant with staff who care about service..”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Bella Italia is not a restaurant chain that i have much experience of however this weekend i had made a booking. Luckily we did as the restaurant was quite busy as you would expect for a Saturday evening and people were having to wait a little while. As we had booked, our table was ready and we were welcomed by the very pleasant and efficient manager/greeter and seated.

To be brief I found that the staff were incredibly friendly and efficient and the food and service were of a very high standard. The menu had plenty of choice which i shall no doubt sample on future visits.

I would have no hesitation in returning to this restaurant and can highly recommend it.

I have to say that a few weeks earlier, i had dined at Jamies Italian over on King street but found the Bella Italia experience was much better..sorry Jamie.!

• Visited September 2013
Biddulph, United Kingdom
“An average restaurant.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I ate here with my partner and a friend a couple of weekends ago. The atmosphere was lively and the service prompt, friendly and courteous. The food, however, was quite average. My partner ordered a pizza, which came with chips. Both my friend and I ordered baked pasta dishes with a side of chips. The pizza was fine but everything else was mediocre and needed heating up. My partner asked one of the waitresses if it could all be reheated, which she arranged immediately, with an apology and a smile.

An OK visit but we won't be rushing back.

• Visited August 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good Services but Bad Food”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in Manchester for a day and decided to visit Bella Italia. The place in the middle of Piccadilly Square and was packed on the day we visited due to the football match between Borrisia Dortmund and Manchester City. The service was very good in terms of seating us promptly, taking our orders and serving on time but the pizzas were ordered were crisp as chips. As there was so much hustle and bustle in the restaurant, we decided to give them a break and did not inform the manager of the bad quality of our food. Overall, below expectations.

• Visited October 2012