“Lunch time was great”

Bella Italia Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #129 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine in one of Manchester's most lively and cosmopolitan areas at the brilliant Bella Italia restaurant in Deansgate. Set amongst the areas numerous restaurants and bars, Bella Italia is a top spot for affordable Italian dining. Warm colours create a cosy ambience and the typical bistro style furnishings are a trademark style of Bella Italias throughout the UK. The menu offers a whole host of Italian classics from pizza to pasta and salads to grilled meat and fish. Try the succulent Italian burger served with ciabatta and mozzarella or the juicy chargrilled salmon steak with green beans, roasted new potatoes and olive and tomato salsa. The dessert list is too good to miss with tiramisu, lemon tart and banoffee pie amongst others to choose from.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Lunch time was great”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Popped in for lunch when passing. Sat inside to get away from the smokers and traffic noise.

Drinks ordered and the waitress took our food order.
She was really pleasant and very efficient.
The food arrived quickly and it was superb.

We will definitely go back

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Really disappointed with this restaurant as Bella Italia is normally such a safe bet.
The restaurant was pretty busy and seemed to be woefully understaffed. We had quite a wait for our drinks to be served but then the food came out in good time. I ate my pizza due to the fact I was starving but it's the worst dish I've ever eaten in a Bella Italia. The topping was very poor and it was quite salty. The couple on the next table failed to get their starters and then returned their mains as they were cold.

Wigan
“Great service, poorly prepared food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

30 June 2014. The restaurant was extremely busy and the staff were faultless considering the numbers of diners. Unfortunately, the food was not to the same standard. We ordered a pizza style garlic bread (without cheese). The dough was thin and crispy but no taste of garlic whatsoever. We complained and it was taken away from us, coated with more garlic/oil, put in the oven and returned to us overdone.

The seabass filet looked wonderful. Sadly it was overcooked. The chicken casserole could have been better, the sauce tasting like something from a jar.

Overall, the only positive thing is that the olives were good.

Being in a hurry, and aware that the front of house was working hard, we chose not to complain.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pizza done right.”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

When I've been to this restaurant in the past, I've only ever ordered Pizza's because I'm not keen on the sound of there other dishes. While the people I've been with have ordered the Burgers and Pasta dishes, all of which looked lovely, I've stuck to the Pizza. The pizza here is amazing, I tend to go for the 'Make it yourself option' so I get all the things I want on it. The service is really friendly and relaxed, making you feel your at home rather than in the middle of town. The desserts are even more amazing, I could write a review just on that! I would always recommend the Cookie Dough Lava Cake for any chocolate lovers - it's incredible.

• Visited May 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten there twice now and each visit was a good experience with excellent food. Staff were attentive and helpful. I would not hesitate to go there again.

• Visited May 2014