“What a find”

Mr Thomas's Chop House
Ranked #77 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mr Thomas's Chop House is a grade II listed building which first opened as a public house in 1870. It's cast iron frame building and terracotta block displaying Art Nouveau motifs is a local institution in Manchester and one of the jewels in Manchester's crown. The managers and staff are committed to keeping Mr Thomas's at the forefront of Manchester life with fine food, fine wines, good beer and great company. Take a look around and come and see us soon.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Found this place as I went for a saunter back to my hotel so stopped for a pint. Proper pub that serves food, but has not been spoilt on the way. Small and beautifully formed.

1  Thank PadiP

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wow this place is great! I went on my own as I was in town on business and got a great table. The waitress was so nice and brought e a newspaper so I wouldn't feel conspicuous.
They do home made corned beef which is amazing.
The decor is original with dark green tiles and red brick decoration.
If I am in Manchester again this will be the first place I visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I've lived in Manchester for over 15 years and I finally got to eat here. The service was excellent and the food was great. Albeit a little overpriced. But throughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank bullchef
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We went just before Xmas so this review is a bit late ,but we went for a Sunday roast and could not fault it the soup was delicious and the roast beef done to perfection, can't wait to go back I would have my Sunday lunch there every week if I could.

1  Thank fiona g
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a lively busy restaurant set in a lovely old building with original interior. The service was good but the portion size and price was disappointing. The corn beefhash can be ordered as a starter or main course. Four of us had it for a main and the portion size varied greatly. I'm sure 1 of us was given a starter size. The price was well above what you would happily pay for such a simple small dish.