“Superb!”

Glamorous Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #589 of 2,432 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Glamorous we serve the best in authentic Chinese dishes. All our meat and vegetable are sourced locally and freshly prepared by our expert chefs so you will always have a delicious and satisfying experience.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The best Chinese food I've had in this country. Easily as good as in Hong Kong and the atmosphere is superb. Busy, seemingly disorganised, bright, colourful and noisy. The scallops in shell with lemongrass are a wonder to behold.

2  Thank Hyegasse

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Service outstanding food yummy great place to entertain family n friends good choice of menus decor bright and cheerful

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Enjoyed my lunch here. Lots of Chinese people eating here and I could see a lot of things on the menu that you might find in parts of mainland China. Large number sod covers so I can presume it sometimes gets very busy. Combined with a trip to Wing Yip supermarket to stoke up with rice and noodles.

1  Thank plaistowboy
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This restaurant is probably the best dim sum restaurant we have been in the UK, in terms of quality and the price paid. We live in London and were refreshingly surprised to find dim sums very close to Hong Kong style in Manchester.

We had five dim sums (beef balls, fried prawn balls, beef tendon, lotus sticky rice) and a dish (ho fun), all but one are very well done, and were served very hot. The best is the sticky rice, you can tell it's freshly made. Ho fun is huge portion so it came as a surprise. If we still had the capacity, we would go for steamed rice and some fried stuff.

The bill came as £27.3, there is no charge for tea and service. In London we are usually charged 12.5% service, and the same meal would cost about £38.

If we were in Manchester again, we'd definitely go back.

2  Thank GraceChung
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Glamorous is a restaurant above the Chinese supermarket in Manchester (Wing Yip). Being fairly new to Chinese food (I am a Vegetarian and the local Chinese chippies don't cater much for me.) I was pleasantly surprised by the food at glamorous.

There is plenty of choice, particularly vegetarian, I had the Mongolian crispy "lamb" (very similar to mock duck) which was fantastic.

The decor makes it look like a Chinese butlins, but don't let that put you off.

The service isn't great, often feel like you are overlooked, saying that when you do speak to the waitresses they are polite and always see to your request promptly.

I have visited since and will continue to do so.