“Will go again!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were introduced to this wonderful place last night by some good friends who live nearby. Would strongly recommend the Rice Table, a series of freshly cooked delicious dishes accompanied by rice and chapatis. We loved the subtle flavours and the interesting ingredients. Maybe the service is a little relaxed but with food this good who cares?

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I first went to Cachumba on our first date 15 years ago and it remains our favourite restaurant in Manchestere. We love searching out new places to eat whether they are fine dining or cheap and cheerful and have eaten our way through many places in the city, but we return to cachumba time and time for the fresh tasting and reliable excellent food. They aren't the spiciest curries, but perfectly flavoured, mouthwatering dishes which are cooked fresh, with none of the greasiness which happens in so many curry houses. The menu has changed little in the time we have been going and we have our firm favourites. The service has always been a bit hit and miss and the telephone booking is a bit grumpy, but plan for a slow and relaxed evening off eating your way through the menu and you won't be disappointed. I recommend ordering a few different mains, including meat, fish and veg with rice and bread. Go mid week when it's quiet.

1  Thank Rachelterhorst
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I would proudly say I am now a Cachumba regular and every time my experience is spectacular! I love this restaurant - the atmosphere is very laid back with nice ambient music and very friendly staff.

Cachumba serves a variety of South Asian dishes, which all have a unique flavour and are modestly priced considering how amazing they taste and how healthy the dishes are - most are gluten free and there is a variety of Meat/Veg or Fish dishes!

Some of my favourite (although i love them all) are the Red coconut chicken curry, Indonesian Peanut and Corn Curry, Vietnamese Fried rice and the amazing Lamb on the bone!

I was hoping to make a reservation for the Saturday but went on Friday instead as I was told the restaurant was catering for a private booking for a large party and as always it was extremely busy so I would advise to book to avoid disappointment.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and in fact thinking of having an early christmas party to show it off to my colleagues!!!

Cannot wait to go back and get some mouth watering Lamb on the bone!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I moved to Didsbury recently and as every new resident you explore the area we dined in a few restaurants in Didsbury that were fantastic like the Rose Graden, Alberts and Piccolinos we had a great experience in all three and we were keen to try Cachumba but the opening times were pretty sporadic we noticed it was difficult to get through to book a table.
We were eventually able to book and went to the restaurant the interior was lovely.
The staff however were rude and abrupt, despite the fact i booked a table and they were fairly quiet the lady said she is not sure as she has a party booking which I thought was so rude considering we had booked a table in advance.
However she decided it was OK.
The menu was short with not much of a variety, the service was appalling literally 2 waitresses in the whole restaurant which was bizzare considering the restaurant was busy.
We waiting over an hour for our food to arrive like allot of other people who have left reviews it's really no exaggeration and when the food eventually arrived the portions were minute and cold, we opted for the platter for 2 option, we got this flat bread which was barely enough for one.
It's one of those places where you feel your being rushed out and the 'party reservations' are their priority it seems however even those customers in group seems disappointed with the delay in the food arriving.
We did not raise our concerns as we felt the waitress was obnoxious enough so we paid and left. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!

fmss, Owner at Cachumba, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Was it busy or was it quiet?.......did you have to wait an hour for food or were you rushed?..... mmmm let me think !

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can't speak too highly of Cachumba. An informal environment, we have always found the service and the proprietor/chef very friendly and welcoming, but the service is relaxed, which we prefer. The cuisine though is outstanding. I am gradually working my way through the menu., and so far have not been disappointed.

Manchester is not short of Asian restaurants, but this is unique.