“Pricey Spanish in central Manchester”
Review of Evuna Deansgate

Evuna Deansgate
Ranked #27 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The delicious tapas and traditional wine served at Evuna is a delight. With very friendly staff and prompt service, there is little to be complained about from here.

Although, be aware, tapas sizes here are big. Only order 2 per person I would say!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Delicious Tapas and had a fabulous filet steak of the A La Carte menu ... great atmosphere and they looked after all 25 of us brilliantly.
Paella is freshly cooked so wait time is around 35-40 minutes but you are prewarned about this.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Delicious tapas, great service and plenty of food. would highly recommend this restaurant. Very vibrant atmosphere

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I booked a table at Evuna to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday 29th March, after an afternoon of shopping with my mum in Manchester. I called ahead and booked on the Wednesday, as I know it can be tricky to get a table in Manchester city centre on a Saturday evening. The restaurant called me 2 hours before the booking to advise they were fully booked and we could not have the table after all. I explained that I was very disappointed and frustrated as I had booked well in advance and I would struggle to get a table else where at such short notice. The lady who called simply advised there was nothing they could do. Luckily we managed to book a table a little later than planned at Dimitris across the road and had a lovely meal. We will not be returning to Evuna...

3  Thank lisa b
Jane D, Owner at Evuna Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We would like to extend our apologies again to the customer.

This was an extreme case and has happened once in 11 years. Unfortunately the distribution of electricity to Evuna Deansgate had gone down. This was a fault of Electricity Northwest, we had no supply into the building and were forced to close on a Saturday night.

As soon as we were aware that this was a serious problem with the building we informed all customers so that they could make alternative arrangements. Unfortunately we had no choice in this decision.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a buzzing place with great food and great service. A good selection of wine and the food was great - although the seafood paella I had was a bit too large a portion (a problem since it was so good I was loath to leave any). It was also freshly cooked (we were advised it would take 35 to 40 minutes but this soon passed with some good wine.

1  Thank Alan K