“Brilliant atmosphere and food”
Review of Evuna Deansgate

Evuna Deansgate
Ranked #22 of 2,400 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'd definitely recommend this restaurant, even if you don't like tapas, as there's lots of other options.
Four of us (two couples) went here mid-week. The restaurant was very busy, and we were late taking our seats (having been delayed elsewhere). Despite that, the staff were friendly and attentive and the food was great. Portions were a good size and the food arrived promptly. Excellent wine list, as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The restaurant usually looks busy so presumed we would be in for a good evening, I am used to eating at excellent Tapas bars in London like Brindisa and Mar Terra, Evuna was nowhere near the same standard. It was Valentines eve and it was a set menu, to think that someone had actually planned this for what you would presume a romantic treat was a joke. To start it was a selection of tapas, this consisted of Spanish omelette, fish kebabs and chicken wings, a bit too predictable I thought, It was all the same colour: beige, it all had a similar taste and the fish was dry and overcooked and it was all tepid. For the main course it was a choice of ox cheeks, roast mackerel or some boring goats cheese veg option, I did not want any of these so reluctantly opted for the mackerel served with veg type paella, again this was beige and bland tasting, everything had a similar texture. They could have included a crisp salad or /and some other vegetable dish to accompany it, charred red peppers, sizzling hot from the oven in olive oil garlic and sea salt would have been not to difficult to think of????? For pudding it was either almond tart or ice cream with baileys, again how uninspiring and since when as Baileys been Spanish?I opted for the almond tart which was good but again another beige dish. The only nod to valentine s was a strawberry for decoration on the side of the tart!!!! We also had a complementary glass of Cava to start which was good and nicely chilled. I thought for £30 a head it was overpriced, the choice of dishes were made from the cheapest cuts of meat and fish. Our waitress was really pleasant which was a shame as for the first time ever I did not leave a tip, I just felt that I had given them enough money for what we had. It ruined what should have been an enjoyable romantic evening. I will never go again

1  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this restaurant after reading the reviews on here, I wanted something special for my husbands birthday and I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed! Everything was perfect, wine, service and best of all the food, we shared a Paella and it was delicious, as good as those we have had in Barcelona.

I would not hesitate to book again, and definitely recommend to anyone looking for something special!

We also bought some of the wine to take home, bargain at £8 & a lovely smooth Tempranillo.

1  Thank sunshine_follower
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We came across this place when out in Manchester for the day, my girlfriend and I were meeting friends in the evening but decided to come out in the afternoon for a few drinks and some food first.

We were originally planning to go to El Rincon de Rafa (suggested by a friend) but decided to try this when we came across it and saw the special 3 Tapas for £9.99 menu, which seemed great value and was closer to The Comedy Store where we were going later.

We (my girlfriend really) was initially concerned about what the portion sizes were going to be like when ordering from the special's menu, but our fears were unfounded as when they arrived the portions were plentiful. We chose six tapas between us and it was more than enough for the two of us, the chorizo was really tasty and the although a little creamy for my liking the paprika chicken was lovely. The beef skewers were amazingly tender and the croquettes were light and fluffy, with mushrooms and asparagus to finish our meal along with the beautiful wine we really had a fantastic dinner.

I would suggest booking a table in future as even though we were seated easily, we did notice a few other people who came in after us being turned away.

All in all, we had a lovely meal, great wine and will definitely be heading back again,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Dinner with a couple of colleages after a meeting. Nice atmosphere in a restaurant that I thought was quite busy for a Tuesday night - was this agood sign? It certainly was - good, attentive staff who were helpful in explaining the menu and dishes available. Particularly good was the chilli steak special, Spanish meat balls, garlic prawns and seabass tapas a la plancha! Very good wine list too. Will certainly like to visit again when in Manchester.

1  Thank nickowls