“A regular haunt”

This & That
Ranked #15 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Seating, Takeout
Description: A family run business established for over 20 years, we're one of Manchester's favourite Indian Curry Houses. We offer a huge choice of delicious curries and are located in the heart of the Northern Quarter, tucked away on Soap Street.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A regular haunt”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We love to go here, often. I tend to get the rice with 3 veggie curries at only £3.50, bargain!

Great for lunchtime or after-work/pre-pub time, although we're often too full afterwards! There is no self control here.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cheshire
“Good but not great”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The queues here confirm its popularity. Curries are good but not as tasty and we'll spiced as Kabana. They can also be lukewarm sometimes. Generally very good value but certainly not the place to impress a loved one!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Makothebanker09
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Classy rice and 3”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Tucked away down an alley off Thomas St, this diner is nothing to look at but don't let that put you off. I'll make more of an effort to decipher the menu next time I go there. For my first visit I had an excellent rice and three, lamb off the bone was especially good. And all for a fiver.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Good choice of authentic Indian curries, no frills dining. Friendly staff. I would highly recommend a visit.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mike W
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“If you did not know it was good you would never go in”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Read about this in a Manchester dining magazine in an hotel we stayed in. Only just got round to visiting it today. It is not the easiest place to find and Soap Street is almost like a back street behind High Street in the Northern Quarter, a place noted for good bars and eating establishments.
Every day is a different menu choice of about seven different meals. I had two shish kebabs with rice, curry sauce and salad, my wife the three vegetarian dishes plus rice all for £7.40 including a passion fruit drink to share.
All very clean and delicious food, pleasant service but probably not a place you would take somebody on a first date. It is now on our list of good places to eat in Manchester. And NO, I am not a cheapskate. I like good food at sensible prices.

• Visited February 2014