“Good valve (2 course for 15 option) enjoyable food and environment”
Review of Ning

Ning
Ranked #207 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Manchester might be awash with slick dining outfits but none quite like Ning. Unlike many others, Ning values subtlety and sophistication both in its style and its cuisine. This Northern Quarter venue offers a bustling ambience somewhere between trendy canteen and chic bistro. With polished wood tables, voguish floral patterned wallpaper and candlelit tables, the interior strikes a similar balance of fashionable buzz meets classy intimacy. Award-winning, the predominately authentic Malaysian menu also offers Thai and fusion dishes, all made with fresh ingredients, free from added MSG. Ning's accomplished chefs pride themselves on producing a concise menu of carefully selected and well cooked dishes, and service is attentive without being over-bearing. Malaysian hospitality and food.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good valve (2 course for 15 option) enjoyable food and environment”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Never had malasian food and not really looking forward to it. The small restaurant was clean and pleasant and staff attentive . The food was tasty and personally I did think the place was expensive , I would not say cheap , but a fair price . Option of 2 courses for £15 looked a good deal . I would go again which is a real positive given this is not my personal type of food . No outside seating in heart of city . Recommended .

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service, good ambience, good value for money ”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten dinner at this restaurant this evening I'm really impressed. Diligent and courteous serving staff, a very nice cosmopolitan feel to the upmarket ambience.

Each dish was well presented and delicious. Definitely discount the reviews from the snotty Londoner's. They wouldn't know cool and chic if it it came up to them, slapped then in the face singing "hey you we're Cool and Chic!"

Highly recommended!

“Tasty and accommodating!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was our wedding anniversary and we decided to visit Ning at the last minute.

Then food as always is of a very good standard - I had the Masaman Curry whilst my wife had the seabass.

We were given dessert on the house, which was a nice touch (even though we were completely full by this point!)

Their banana fritters were fantastic; will be coming back just for those!

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing, Expensive and bit of a con”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Having had a very disappointing meal at this restaurant last month, we were very surprised to find a much better Malaysian restaurant in the West End of London a fortnight later. We had very similar dishes but not only were the ones in London more delicious, authentic and bigger portion, the cost was a lot less. So much for value in Manchester.

The rice that came with our satay dish at Ning was no more than 2 squeezed balls of rice from a rice cooker. We had the proper rice 'cake' cooked in some sort of leaves in the London restaurant. The beef rendang at Ning was most disappointing. At first we thought we must have chosen the chef's off-night but having spoken to some friends, they told us they had the same experience a month earlier.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Disappointed924
“Mouthwatering Malaysian....”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went here for a meal with my partner after work. It was about 18:00 so the restaurant was very quiet and we had exceptional service. I love the unique drink options they serve. I had a lychee juice and my partner had the sirap ross limau (a traditional Malaysian drink). If you like tasting new things then I'd recommend trying the latter as it had a really unique flavour. I had the Tom Yam soup for my starter which was extremely tasty. My partner had the chicken satay. I snuck a taste of of the satay sauce and it was to die for! My main course was the ginger prawns which was again full of flavour and they were very generous with the prawns. We shared the cashew nut brownie with chilli & chocolate ice cream for dessert. The dish came with fresh strawberry and physalis fruit which complimented the chocolate well. If you visit Ning you must try the chilli & chocolate ice cream - it's got a lovely kick to it!

• Visited June 2014