“Mixed experiences”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I really wanted to try this place after seeing the non fussy menu. The bar area downstairs is a diffrent world to the eating space upstairs which i prefered better.
2 of us had the vegetable crisps with hummous dip for starer- very let down- could have been good if they had used a potato slicer to shave thin slices of the veg rather then it to come out like long piece of straw which made it hard to eat. My other friend had the sweet potato patty which she said was good but not worth £5.
Mains- my friend had the mushroom wellington which she said was amazing and it did look good. My Newyorker sandwhich was very tasty although abit cold. The chicken burger and veggie wrap consumed by by my other 2 friends were also enjoyed.
The waitress we had was annoying - made a bigger deal then needed for my friend whow as trying to use a voucher.
For that reason and the staters I don't think I will be returning.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Visited on Tuesday night for a meal in the restaurant. I think they were short staffed, and we were told we would be eating in the bar area. Despite being run off her feet, the waitress was very efficient and friendly and gave us good service, always with a smile. The food was excellent, and apart from a slight hiccup with the bill, (we were charged for some drinks that the next table had), we had a lovely evening.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great atmosphere, good cocktail and food menu, British comfort food but good quality! Good service and nice decor.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Just had the most disgusting service from the bar staff here, the manager was extremely rude and the the bar maid got our order wrong and then tried to claim we were at fault, there are many better bars in Manchester, do not bother coming here unless you want to be insulted

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Have been a few times, twice for drinks (great cocktail happy hour with buy one get one free! ) and once for dinner. The food was lovely, a good selection and very friendly service. Will certainly be back.

1  Thank samj3003