“Needs to pull itself together when busy”
Review of Dukes 92

Dukes 92
Ranked #103 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Description: Dukes 92 was originally a stable block for the horses delivering foods off barges to the Merchants warehouse opposite. From stable to staple, undoubtedly the diamond in Manchester's cultural crown, serving laid-back lunches and libations since 1991.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I like Dukes - good food especially the bucket of wings and pizzas. The thing is when it's busy it drops to the lowest common denominator - beer, lager and wine swilling - too busy and not a friendly feel.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'd seen this place recommended here and elsewhere, and I'm sure if you like what they offer they you'll be happy, but when I walk into a bar and seen miles of gleaming chrome serving all sorts of drinks - but not even one handpump dispensing proper real ale, then sorry, I don't care how good the rest of it is, I'm off elsewhere...

1  Thank robwks7
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice location by the canal, nice for a drink on a sunny day. Nice atmosphere inside although it can get a but to busy. Good simple food, not tried the restaurant yet just the pizzas.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I approached Mike at Dukes 92 that I would be proposing to my girlfriend along the canals of Castlefield. He was superb and immediately interested in ensuring this moment would be perfect. I told him there was no way I would be proposing in the restaurant as I would get a good telling-off (!!!) but Mike said it was no bother to have champagne waiting for when we arrived. He didn't let us down. The staff had decorated a reserved table for us with tea-lights in the shape of a heart and were amazing making it the best time of our lives - ahead of the next big day!

This is a little late of a review since I asked my girlfriend to marry me 19 November 2012, but we've been busy planning the wedding since then!

Thanks to Dukes 92 staff for a great night and to Mike for being so accommodating. We'll see you all again soon.

1  Thank BarryactorEvans
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Always a good place rotary,but even better at the minute.Wednesday 12-7 50% off food bill in the brasserie.

The menu has an excellent choice and the quality superb.

Strongly recommend as always the spicy chicken wings, also the steak and kidney pie a must.