“Friend Meetup”

Ranked #65 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as a place to meet up with old friends, and boy we chose the right place! With this restaurant, you don't only get great tasting food, fast and friendly service; you get a superb show put on by the chefs right in front of you!

I was worried, looking at the menu online before we went- as its not a restaurant that I would normally choose. I am however delighted we went and would definetly frequent this restaurant if I lived closer.

There are newer reviews for Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester

Reviewed August 26, 2014

As I have found typical of some restaurants in Manchester they don't give you every menu choice when they seat you. We had to ask for the early diner menu as i had check it out online. This is a great deal which we were able to have on bank holiday Monday for lunch. We could never have it before as the offer isn't on at weekends and during the week we work full time so can't make it until it's too late. My husband and I had mocktails and tap water. Sadly the cocktails were a bit slow in coming and the restaurant wasn't even that busy so that was a shame. The food a great though. The starters came. Very nice. Along with some dips which we hardly even touched. Then the show chefs started. Very nice bit of entertainment. Amazing having the main course cooked infront of you. Lovely fresh ingredients. The chefs have a great way with both adults and kids. The main course is huge and so tasty. I could only eat half of mine. We passed on dessert(ice cream in. Basket) as we were so full. The price was £16.95 for the early diner menu plus drinks which were £3.95 each. You get a lot of food for that. A full main meal could actually serve two people so it's a great price. I wouldn't pay normal prices though as I think they are a bit steep. Looked at a couple of the set menus and they look good value too. We are hoping to take family sometime next year.
A must try as it's such a different experience and the food is very tasty.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

It was Thursday lunchtime, and the restaurant was very quiet, however, don't let this put you off, The atmosphere was still great fun, interactive, and fabulous. The food was absolutely delicious. I had the early bird lunch menu which had an excellent choice, and the food was great. The best! Great value.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We went to this restaurant because of the reviews on tripadvisor and we're not disappointed!
Excellent food in the best atmosphere ever. It would be easy to hide behind the theatrics with bad food but the absolutely don't - the scallops were to die for.
Already looking forward to going back

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

When we sat at our table on a Friday night, the anticipation for the chef to appear built as others around us participated in the potatoe throwing game where the chef lobs slim potatoe in the direction of your mouth. Some are better than catching flying spuds more than others. I for example caught it first time ;-)

I was a little bamboozled by the menu and no explanation was given as to how it worked but through discussing the options I went for the shotgun, pieces of ribs as a starter followed by succulent chicken.

The chef makes eggy rice in a unique way demonstrating a skill that grabs your attention before cooking the mixed veg, both sides are done in bulk and are for everyone at your station. Then the flames come! A little warning before the chef throws oil on the plate before it whooshes up in flames.

Overall a great eating experience, priced about right, part of my bill I assume goes towards the entertainment value by the chefs. I would definitely recommend this for a distracting night out