“Perfect with big group of friends”

Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester
Ranked #63 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is unique in town... Seriously you must try it! Nice food, the staff is over than great and attentive, really enjoyable for a fun night with friends.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Came with some colleagues for a night out and what a blast it was. The food was spectacular, prepared in front of you with true showmanship from the chef, who got everyone involved. It was reasonably priced too, I had steak, cooked to perfection, for just 18quid, which came along with egg fried rice, fried potatoes and veg. It was our friend's birthday too and they made a big deal of it. Wonderful evening will definitely come again.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Don't get me wrong, some of the food was very nice, and the whole 'show' was a bit of fun and definitely great for a special occassion. But I like Japanese food a lot and go to many I find, and for the most part, food-wise, it wasn't anything above the norm. My daughters' avocado sushi looked gorgeous, and nicer than any avocado sushi we've ever seen. My aubergine dish was very nice, and wasn't expecting an actual 'whole' aubergine, the sauce was delicious too. My tempura was more on the thick side than I was hoping for, but the dipping sauce was tasty and the vegetables cooked thoroughly. Plates of food came out quite randomly, and my friend we met up with, only ordered a main course salad, which came out well after everything else (which ahd already taken a long time) and she was starving by the time it did arrive (I joked the chefs performing was only too keep peeps busy and distracted, so they hopefully didn't realise how long the wait was). Sadly after all the wait for her salad (nearly an hour and a half!), it was SO terribly spicy, she could barely eat it. She fancied something with a bit of spice, but wasn't expecting that. She gave me a bit, and I eat spicy a lot, and I'd have had a very hard time eating the whole thing.

Others I saw at our 'table' looked to waiting a long time as well. A man on his own was on the other side of my friend, and he sat with his empty main plate for about half an hour...though he did get his food and leave long before we did LOL

I'd not be put off going again, as some food was really very nice and the whole festive atmosphere would be good sometimes (though for this occassion it wasn't ideal, as wanted to have a catch-up with my friend, but could hardly hear her as it was so noisy). I reckon it wasn't bad value for money for what we had and the ambience. But was all a bit iffy with the wait on much of the food and what wasn't quite as good. From sitting down to leaving was 2 hours, leaving was the fastest bit, as they brought bill and took payment quickly. but for what we ordered, was definitely a long time. I would definitely recommend for a festive occassion, decent Japanse food and not worried about time. Staff were friendly as well, if not attentative and rarely saw them, everyone was polite and professional still.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My kids love this place. If wasn't so pricey we would go every weekend. The staff treat the kids brilliantly, playing tricks and getting them engaged in the atmosphere. We only take the family at lunch time so not to spoil other diners experience. Even though you have to share the hotplate with other diners it does not detract from a wonderful experience. I have been too on works night outs and these are just as good. Not the cheapest but the food is fresh, cooked in front of you and it is real entertainment. If you have a small family then go during the day after a trip to the science museum or a shopping trip and you will really enjoy it..

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went here with work colleagues for lunch and was blown away! I don't want to give too much away, but the whole 'spectacle' of eating here is just fantastic. The food was impeccable, everything I had was tasty and cooked to perfection. The chicken rolls were delicious and the steak was scrumptious! I am quite fussy and never normally enjoy egg fried rice, but on this occasion I wolfed it down. This dining experience was completely unique and I can't wait to go again. I would recommend going as a group - it's just more fun that way!