“Brilliant for a family afternoon”

Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester
Ranked #57 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for a family afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

My kids love this place. If wasn't so pricey we would go every weekend. The staff treat the kids brilliantly, playing tricks and getting them engaged in the atmosphere. We only take the family at lunch time so not to spoil other diners experience. Even though you have to share the hotplate with other diners it does not detract from a wonderful experience. I have been too on works night outs and these are just as good. Not the cheapest but the food is fresh, cooked in front of you and it is real entertainment. If you have a small family then go during the day after a trip to the science museum or a shopping trip and you will really enjoy it..

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went here with work colleagues for lunch and was blown away! I don't want to give too much away, but the whole 'spectacle' of eating here is just fantastic. The food was impeccable, everything I had was tasty and cooked to perfection. The chicken rolls were delicious and the steak was scrumptious! I am quite fussy and never normally enjoy egg fried rice, but on this occasion I wolfed it down. This dining experience was completely unique and I can't wait to go again. I would recommend going as a group - it's just more fun that way!

• Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time. We're both disabled, but the restaurant was flat inside and out, so no steps to climb -- hurrah! To eat, we joined a standard table (probably 16 diners all together), which had two very large hotplates within the table area. Two chefs joined us, one at each plate, and they started the cooking.

First up was the starter. My wife ordered the prawns in garlic and white wine, and loved them. She thought they were the best she'd had. I ordered the beef rolls, which were also very good.

Then we moved on to the mains. The expectation is that you eat each part of your meal as it is delivered, and don't wait for all the food to arrive before starting. So we began with some saute potatoes. Not only were these very tasty, but everyone enjoyed the interaction of the chefs with the diners -- the chefs throwing a slice of (cooked) potato at us for us to try to catch in our mouths! We then moved on to stir-fried veg, accompanied by some more floor show from the chefs (but not throwing anything this time). I'm not a fan of green vegetables, but these were delicious.

The next item was essentially egg fried rice. This was unusually tasty, so much so that we both thought it was very much better than the rice you get elsewhere. We'd both ordered lamb (one teriyaki, one with mushrooms). The lamb came last, and was plentiful, beautifully cooked, and very very tasty for us both. My wife didn't like her mushrooms, but I thought they were great!

It was a bit strange eating one type of ingredient at a time, but the food was so good and so tasty that it didn't seem to bother anyone. The only disappointment was that we didn't have room for desserts.

We'll definitely be going back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LittleBlackDuck
“Try it for lunch as well as Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Came for lunch as fancied something different, and it was exactly the same high quality as in the evening. Food was beautiful and you still get all the theatre of the chefs as you do in the evening.

• Visited August 2014
Manchester
“Wow, what an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic but it was the showmanship with which it was prepared that really made Sapporo stand out. A truly amazing night out, can't recommend it highly enough.