“Good for large groups, something a little different”

Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 2,436 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went here for a birthday with a group of 18/19 girls.
Would only advise to attend with large groups. They have tables of 22 where guests sit, if you go with 2/3/ etc you will have to sit with others. Very entertaining with the chefs putting on a show for you. Lovely sit down area at the back where I had my cake served.
Didn't like the idea of having food thrown at me.... [they throw chips at you and you catch it in your mouth...try to anyway..] but good for fun... I guess.
Would go again with a large group. Food quality was nice, very large selection...interesting with things like 'manchester sushi...'.
Overall nice. Very good for large groups. :) Service was very lovely also. They go out of their way to try to look after you. Thanks!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,206)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

we were a group of 6 and booked in for a late lunch/early evening, the food was amazing and the entertainment was good, which is done by the chef's as they cook your food, we had a choice of a 3 or 4 course menus and the regular menu, most of the party had the 3 course menu, my choice consisted of chicken noodle parcels with 3 dipping sauces (garlic mayo/soy sauce/? another type sauce) my main consisted of fillet steak egg fried rice and potatoes, the last was cheesecake, all the food was cooked to perfection and was brilliant. would definitely recommend. and the amazing thing I don't really like oriental food, I prefer Indian cuisine.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant in April this year and absolutely loved it. We thought the food was excellent, it was very entertaining and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

That being said, when we visited most recently towards the end of 2013, we found our experience to be very different. We were put on the middle seats of a table (the seats are in a U shape with two cooking platforms - one on the left and one on the right) and there was a mix-up between the chefs as to who was actually cooking for us. It resulted in us nearly missing the whole performance/entertainment, so I asked one of the floor staff, who seemed to coordinate the tables, what was going on. His response was incredibly rude and he even exclaimed (not in a jokey manner) that I was 'giving him stress'. The whole mix-up ruined the experience for us second time round and we were really disappointed. The food was once again faultless but unfortunately the service/general experience really let it down on this occasion.

After my first visit this would have been 4*, however the second visit was a real let down for us that has put me off visiting again

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to Sapporo Teppanyaki for my other half's birthday in October and we weren't disappointed! We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the overall experience. It made a great change from your standard restaurant. It's a little pricey so Very Good rather than Excellent. Would certainly encourage others to try it out for a special event!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This restaurant is a great find. Went for a family special occasion. Not the first time we've eaten there and we've never been disappointed. The chef's show is always fun, bit noisy but that's part of it all. Makes for a great atmosphere. The service was very good and more importantly the food is excellent. Bit more expensive than the norm but worth it. Advice - reserve in advance.