“Great fun for a group”

Ranked #144 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Really great fun evening! The chefs are incredibly talented and really enjoy showing off their skills. We had a set menu as it was easier that way with our group of 20 and was a good mix of dishes. If I'd been on my own or a smaller group I would've been more adventurous . We had a mix of sushi, spring rolls, miso to start followed by seabass, a prawn (!!), mix veg rice and beef. The beef fillet was cooked exactly as I'd requested, which I expected to be either a hit or a miss. Will make a return visit if in town again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lovely food and not far from where we live!! We went as part of a group and the service was great defiantly worth trying!

1  Thank Alison B
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After visiting a few times previously, I booked a table at Sapporo for 15 people for a corporate dinner. Unfortunately at the last minute, our clients had to drop out, leaving only 5 of us ready to dine! I had asked for exclusive use of one of the cooking stations, so I was a little embarrassed that our customers hadn't been able to show up. The general manager explained that this wasn't a problem whatsoever, and that we could either join another table as it'd be more fun, or that he was more than happy to open another station and allocate us a chef. Throughout the meal, I was referred to by my first name, which I think is fantastic when you've got a restaurant half full of people. The general manager here is fantastic and seemed to know exactly who I was before I even told him which booking we were! Our waiter Lucasz was also fantastic. Great food, exceptional service.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Fabulous night with friends and family, never laughed so much, it was also great food, lovely staff with talented chefs.. Will book again soon. Very soon

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here last Tuesday night at 5:30 pm (after walking by on Monday night on route to our hotel and noticed it was full of Japanese people so thats always a good sign with it being a Japanese restaurant) so took advantage of there cheaper price for dinner of £16.95 before 6pm compared to the slightly pricer £29.95. Ribs to start with were probably the best ribs i have ever tasted, the meat just fell off the bone utterly amazing. The scallops were tremendous and cooked very well, the potatoes were slightly overdone and was hoping for less of them and more of the rice or noddles as they tasted great. overall the dinner was excellent value for money at £25 (including 2 pints). would highly recommend this place