“Entertaining atmosphere and decent food”

Sapporo Teppanyaki - Manchester
Ranked #59 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Trondheim, Norway
“Entertaining atmosphere and decent food”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was a dining experience out of the ordinary. We were 6 people to our party and all of us enjoyed the evening. The food was good, not great, and the overall experience and atmosphere was second to none. Would I go again? Maybe not. This is because I feel it was a "been there, done that" type of place, but I would not hesitate to recommend anyone a visit to this unique restaurant. Thanks for a great evening.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, staff and experience!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you haven't been, you seriously need to! The staff are great, we had such a laugh with them. Food was incredible, I had duck with raspberry sauce which I can highly recommend! Such a unique experience with the chefs cooking right in front of you and entertaining as they go along. I went with my family for my birthday and they even brought out a cake and all sing happy birthday. Cannot fault this restaurant!

Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Great entertainment, and good food!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Atmosphere and ambiance: Fantastic. We had to wait around 20 mins for our seats, but we had pre-booked and arrived early, so it was fine. The atmosphere and entertainment with the chef, and the amazing tricks they do is fantastic. Especially after a hard day's work, it was nice to just relax and be entertained. Great. (9/10)

Food: Unfortunately, I don't eat fish, so cannot comment on the Sushi. Although my colleagues did eat 10 plates, so I'm guessing it was good.
Chicken Teriyaki: Good, nothing special in terms of flavours. (7/10)
Barbecue Pork: Again, was nice, a bit overcooked, but ok in terms of flavours (7.5/10)
Spare Ribs: You can taste the slow cooking. Wonderful moist and melt in the mouth texture (8.5/10)
Ebi Tempura: Again, good, nothing extra special (7/10)

Overall, great entertainment, and food was good- but nothing extraordinary.

• Visited May 2012
“Entertaining!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The wait was slightly longer than I thought, way past our booking time. The food was decent but a little too pricey. Having said that, the atmosphere was excellent, chefs were entertaining and provided a unique dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester
“Great place for groups!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went here to celebrate a joint birthday. There were 10 of us and everybody had a good time. The food is excellent and the portion sizes are big.

Everybody got involved and the Chefs really make the evening special!

There is a good menu and even though it was Christmas we were allowed to choose between the Christmas and a la carte menu which a lot of restaurants don't allow.

• Visited December 2012