“Great for entertainment”

Ranked #144 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Everything about Sapporo Teppanyaki defies the ordinary, from our displays of roaring fire to the thrilling teppanyaki performance exhibited by our master chefs. Sit back and relax as you watch our talented chefs prepare your meal in a uniquely theatrical style. Our teppanyaki dishes are prepared on a traditional, flaming hotplate, where we combine our awe-inspiring performance with masterful trickery in order to prepare some of the most delicious Japanese dishes available in the UK.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great place to take friends and or/family for a birthday or special engagement.

The food is lovely and fresh, cooked in front of you.

The atmosphere is great.

Although this place is a little expensive for you what you, I should point out that this is okay as this is a place of entertainment and really good to see all the food cooked fresh and with a bit of showiness.

I would recommend taking friends here for a a birthday as it's great.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Visited Sapporo Teppanyaki with my daughter and son inbetween Christmas and New Year.
We all had the Xmas menu which was 4 courses with a lot of choices.
The food was cooked in front of you and was amazing!
The entertainment by the chefs was good and it had a good atmosphere
Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant.
Will be returning.

1  Thank Blousy
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was my first visit to a Teppenyaki restaurant in Manchester and it was BRILLIANT. Me and my boyfriend went for my birthday. The menu is really impressive and there is loads of choice. The set menus and Christmas menu were really good value for money. We shared a bottle of wine and my only criticism is that the waiting staff were a little too speedy to keep our glasses topped up and kept asking if we would like more drinks (this must be where they make a lot of their money). The food is beautiful, really fresh and the dining experience is second to none. The chef makes you feel really comfortable and made everyone laugh with his food flaring. A great experience, highly recommended.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Cannot recommend highly enough. Be prepared for a relaxed unrushed experience and you will have a lovely time. Enjoy - and keep an eye on the displays on the tables around you. There is lots to see.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been here a couple of times on Business lunches within a large group of about 15 diners. That's the best way to eat here. You need to be sat round the grill in a large group to ensure you get the atmosphere of the dining experience......by which I mean, the chef's cleverly chopping you food at great speed and throwing it so you can catch it in your mouth, sounds strange, but is fun. I can't really knock the food, the seafood is good whether it's a scallop or lobster and the quality of the meat is good. I'm just not sure whether I would go with less than 10 or 15 others, and maybe that's the idea. Overall ok but it's not somewhere I would 'highly recommend', once you've been and had the experience I think the novelty soon wears off, and there are better places for seafood and steak in Manchester City centre