“Nice meal”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had a lovely meal here saturday night been to the one in London so it was the same menu and standard EPIC!

Only slight remark would be its is a much more cramped feeling then the other grills I have visited the tables seem to be very much on top of each other.
Also they have us a questionnaire on a tablet at the end of the meal to submit our views of the meal. It seemed that when you had this in your hand the manager appeared to ask how you found your meal. We then come to realise one of the questions being asked was Has the manager spoken to you! Would be much nicer if this was natural and not an actual task being set.

Otherwise as usual fab food and fab cocktails!

Nicola W, Front Office Manager at The Grill On The Alley, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of The Grill on The Alley.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your meal with us.
Our management team makes an effort to talk to every table in the restaurant normally at the end of their meal to check that everything has been to their satisfaction. This is not a task that is being set, but something we feel adds a personal touch to our service.
Should you wish to discuss the matter any further please do not hesitate to contact me on manchesterpa@blackhouse.uk.com.

There are newer reviews for The Grill On The Alley

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The menu did not inspire, but i was almost expiting when i got the bill. The fajitas are the best thing on the menu, but still pricey, and given the slow service and lack of atmosphere I would encourage you to try elsewhere before settling for, just ok, here.

3  Thank Mark9920

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Grill on The Alley.
Please accept my apologies that you feel our restaurant did not meet your expectations.
Should you wish to discuss this matter with me, please write to me with your contact details to; manchesterpa@blackhouse.uk.com. I will contact you to discuss in more detail.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Having eaten many times at Grill and other restaurants in Manchester, I have to say the service, quality of food, atmosphere and value for money is always excellent. The mushroom starter especially is delicious and great value! Great cocktail and wine list, especially the cosmos's which are superb and my favourite across Manchester. Am a regular visitor and would defo recommend a visit

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review of The Grill on The Alley.
I am glad to read that you enjoy the food and the cocktails that we do. The cosmo is also one of my many favourites from the menu!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I'm not usually the type to write a review but I was so bowled over by Grille on the Alley - I had to share my experience.

I took my mum for her birthday, along with two other guests. The weather was absolutely dreadful outside but as soon as we got into the restaurant, we were comforted by the warm surroundings. The bar man had a great knowledge of cocktails and choice of lagers.

The staff were all extremely friendly and sat us in a booth near the open fronted kitchen, which I thought was a nice touch. I like to be able to see the food being prepared and I think it adds to the atmosphere. I had a chicken starter which hit the spot. But the real high point of the evening was the mouth watering fillet steak. It was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection.

All our party had a wonderful evening.

Grill on the Alley is perfect for dining with friends and family or work collleagues. It's good honest hearty food, served by excellently trained staff a solid earthy interior space. This is a restaurant that doesn't have to be flashy and have photographs of footballers and pop stars on the walls... Because the food speaks for itself.

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review of The Grill on The Alley.
I am glad to read that choose our restaurant to celebrate your mum's birthday. We always aim to please all our guests and on this occasion I am glad we done well and you all had a great evening.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went here with a bunch of friends, after hearing great reviews... it certainly met my expectations. Would highly recommend.

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review of The Grill on The Alley.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the food and you would happily recommend the restaurant to others.