“Very fresh authentic cuisine”
Review of Sanam

Sanam
Ranked #1,471 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rusholme
Description: Authentic traditional Pakistani/Indian cuisine and sweets (metahi) in elegant modern surroundings since 1963
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good for families. Fresh, authentic food. Very tasty. Not licensed so if you fancy a beer, go elsewhere! Genuine taste. Efficient service.

1  Thank Cajja

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went on a Friday afternoon with my family, was seated and left had to shout for a waiter to ask for drinks after ten mins. Service was very poor, glasses were greasy and atmosphere was dull. Food was very average nothing special, ordered steak wasn't even asked how I wanted it cooked it was over cooked so I complained was given another steak but wasn't cooked to standard. Wasn't offered salad and chutneys with our meal we had to ask for them. Overall food and service was very poor won't be going there again and even after putting in a complaint to a waiter instead of dealing with it they made us feel very intimidated so we left after paying the full bill. Disgusting service!!

2  Thank Shazey786
Reviewed March 20, 2014

As a family, we have always - without fail - come to Sanams as our family dining place. I can't help but feel that the standard has slipped slightly from what it used to be, and that the portion sizes are becoming smaller. Nevertheless, the food tastes very good, I like the decor and we will continue to eat here.

2  Thank Ferne B
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a meal at Sanam (without a booking) on a very busy Saturday night. We had a short wait before being seated in the upstairs section. The restaurant was packed, noisy and very popular with South Asian customers. For starters, we ordered Lamb Chops, which were very tasty and well grilled. For mains, we went with a Mixed Sizzler Grill (with Chips), Chicken Makani & Palak Paneer. Drinks were Pistachio Lassi and Mango Lassi.

The food was good and extremely filling. There was a good atmosphere and the service was fine. The prices seemed reasonable with the total bill being around £35. The interior decor was contemporary and comfortable.

2  Thank moomin_papa
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a meal here one very wet and windy February night. Pleasant staff, and nice and warm. starters of fish and panner pakoras were excellent, followed by a palack gohst for me and chicken mekhani for my wife, both very good. My wife drank a virgin mohito with here meal, I enjoyed a couple of glasses of sweet lassi. We shared a platter of the Indian sweets, they were really good.
Keen prices too, £45 inc tip. Will be back.

1  Thank mrgrumpyUk