“Avoid The Restaurant But Buy some snacks from their take-away counter”
Review of Sanam

Sanam
Ranked #1,398 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rusholme
Description: Authentic traditional Pakistani/Indian cuisine and sweets (metahi) in elegant modern surroundings since 1963
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Food was OK, be careful of dirty tactics they will employ with the water and chutney tray - they will charge you £1.50 or so. I would recommend you not to get anything from the restaurant and just buy the snacks from their take-away joint - great bhafis, jalebis, ras malai plus wonderful savoury snacks, lovely dahi bhaley, pani puri...Their curries wasn't great either nor was the mixed grill as well. It's worth coming here as a pitstop if you travelling from the north like Blackpool, Bolton, Oldham and heading home south to buy some snacks on the way home

2  Thank TopKingofKings

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Just roaming in curry mile we decided to have a meal here. The food was a bit oily and what surprised us most was that the chutney tray was chargeable. We had to bear £1.50 for something which we never asked for. I would only recommend this place for swirl jalebis (dessert) as they were hot and crispy and maybe other sweet as well. So next time, only for jalebi a big YES.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Last reviewer is correct- water bottle was plonked on the table along with chutney tray soon after we arrived. No-one made it clear these were chargeable- in the end they charged £2.50 for both- I find that a dubious tactic. Im surprised they didn't charge for the fresh air!

Curry's at £8.50 is ridiculous for Rusholme. Service was ho-hum.

Sanam rely on their old reputation and good luck to them if they want that but I won't be back.

7  Thank picassohdi
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I grew up with the name Sanam - it was a householod name! I felt intimidated and humiliated when i visited lately, just last Thursday (today is the 22nd o March 2012). We were charged for the bottled water we sisn't ask for, it was merely plonked on the table! We got charged for the mint tray- which we never asked for - the yoghurt sauce was terrible! Worst of all was the service... very bad indeed! The moustachioed waiter (older looking chap) looked very intimidating, he rushed to get our plates, pushing plates about, the meals arrived warm but the plates were cold! This waiter almost got my wrath, but i didn't want to spoil the evening! I was about to shout abuse at him, he just missed me by a second. NEVER EVER VISIT THIS PLACE! Sadly, this name means nothing to me anymore!

14  Thank al d
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went to Stockport road branch restaurant and banquet hall last Sunday for a wedding party. The place is new and well maintained. The welcome was good and the staff were excellent. The quality of starters,main meal and desserts real good. The place has a good atmosphere. My cousin had an oil spot on his tie while eating and one of the staff cleaned it for him fast. I call that service to match the place. The head of staff knew how to organise a wedding party catering and that made the occasion worth enjoying. Good luck to the establishment.

1  Thank ABDULGANI_ISMAIL