“Good food, friendly service...”
Review of Olive Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Had a nice spot of lunch (shared starter / 2 main pasta dishes) swilled down with a bottle of white. Hit the spot. Reasonably priced at circa £40.
Staff were friendly and helpfull.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

There is a great atmosphere here and the food is gorgeous. The staff are all very friendly. I was, however, slightly disappointed when I didn't get the expresso I asked for. They didn't put in on the bill fortuntately. I guess the waiter must have forgotten as soon as he walked away, but he did look busy. I won't let it put me off going back, but I was looking forward to it. :-)

Reviewed July 9, 2010

had a great night - loved the new menu - great atmosphere too

Reviewed March 30, 2010

We visited on Saturday night and whilst is was busy, the service was very friendly and attentive. We shared a selection of appetizers for starters which were all delicious, I definately recommend the chicken wings. For mains we had pizza's and pasta's as we were in a rush to get to the theatre however the whole menu looked appetising. Overall a great evening was had by all and we will definately be back soon to try more of the menu.

I did also notice that they do a 50% off Pizza/Pasta promotion on a Monday night which would make it excellent value for money.

Definately recommend!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2010

DON'T GO!! We visited the Olive press in Manchester Sat night and the food was Awful!!. How Heathcote can put his name to this is beyond me or has he never sampled the food. I enjoy quality food!! The ingredients may have been quality but the way they were cooked were not! We were in a party of six and shared a garlic pizza initially . This was hardly cooked and not at all crispy.. Thank goodness we only ordered one! I then ordered Leek and potato soup from the specials.. Although not too bad the bottom of the soup was full of GRIT!! Whoever had washed the leeks had not made a good job of it!! Paul Heathcote take note!! I then had
the burger with fries. This was cooked ok but if I hadnt ordered it with the extra pancetta and Gorgonzola cheese it would have had no taste!! My husband had the four seasons pizza which he said was also very soggy due to undercooking and also had some odd toppings on it such as mince!! For a restaurant to boast they serve authentic Italian food and then serve this is misrepresentation. I know because my mother was Italian!! The restaurant quickly became full of large parties of girls on a hen/birthday parties! When I went to the toilet the bin was overflowing and a girl was being sick in the next toilet!!

We did not say anything on the night because we were in a group and we did not want to spoil our day out but I will be writing with my complaints to the Head office!

How can Mr Heathcote put his name to this restaurant with this awful standard of food! Does he never visit any of his restaurants!! I have to say we have visited the Olive Press in Clitheroe and the food there is equally as bad! Once was enough!
There are so many more better restaurants especially in Manchester.. For a better experience and better quality food try San Carlos in Manchester!!