“Undercooked food and full of hen parties”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
UK
“Undercooked food and full of hen parties”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

DON'T GO!! We visited the Olive press in Manchester Sat night and the food was Awful!!. How Heathcote can put his name to this is beyond me or has he never sampled the food. I enjoy quality food!! The ingredients may have been quality but the way they were cooked were not! We were in a party of six and shared a garlic pizza initially . This was hardly cooked and not at all crispy.. Thank goodness we only ordered one! I then ordered Leek and potato soup from the specials.. Although not too bad the bottom of the soup was full of GRIT!! Whoever had washed the leeks had not made a good job of it!! Paul Heathcote take note!! I then had
the burger with fries. This was cooked ok but if I hadnt ordered it with the extra pancetta and Gorgonzola cheese it would have had no taste!! My husband had the four seasons pizza which he said was also very soggy due to undercooking and also had some odd toppings on it such as mince!! For a restaurant to boast they serve authentic Italian food and then serve this is misrepresentation. I know because my mother was Italian!! The restaurant quickly became full of large parties of girls on a hen/birthday parties! When I went to the toilet the bin was overflowing and a girl was being sick in the next toilet!!

We did not say anything on the night because we were in a group and we did not want to spoil our day out but I will be writing with my complaints to the Head office!

How can Mr Heathcote put his name to this restaurant with this awful standard of food! Does he never visit any of his restaurants!! I have to say we have visited the Olive Press in Clitheroe and the food there is equally as bad! Once was enough!
There are so many more better restaurants especially in Manchester.. For a better experience and better quality food try San Carlos in Manchester!!

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Went here with my Goddaughter before we went to the theatre. Hadn't booked and on arrival was told we would need to wait 45 mins as they were busy (it's quite a small restaurant from what we saw), we did and found in the end we only waited 10 or 15 mins most which was great. Service was very good, all waiting on staff were lovely. Food was great, quite a bit of veggie stuff which was appreciated by both of us. Staff appreciated that we needed to get away quickly and ordered us a cab whilst quickly preparing the bill.

Would definitely recommend this place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Mmm Chicken, Sweetcorn and Garlic butter pizza, I don't know how it works but WOW it does!”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“not bad for being a chain. Atmosphere is good, food is slightly above the average chain fare (and prices as well...”
Reviewed May 13, 2008

not bad for being a chain. Atmosphere is good, food is slightly above the average chain fare (and prices as well, unfortunately).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Absolutely gorgeous! Would highly recommend!”
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Absolutely gorgeous! Would highly recommend!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook