“Great Italian food!”

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited Olive having not really heard much about it, and after my friend had found an offer online. The restaurant was fairly quiet, so we were served quickly. The waiter who served us was very professional and friendly, and took really good care of us. For main I had the mushroom and pancetta risotto, it was beautiful. Full of flavour, I dare say one of the best risottos I've had to date. The only criticism I'd say is that because it was quiet it was lacking atmosphere, but we did go mid week so it might be that it's different at the weekend. Overall really great place, would highly recommend!

Matthew L, Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your risotto.
We look forward to your future visits.
The Olive Team

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here several times and it is our first choice restaurant in Manchester. The food is fantastic and the service is brilliant. The great thing about this restaurant is the atmosphere. The staff all seem to actually enjoy working there which is most unusual. if you are in Manchester and want a brilliant meal with great service this is the place.

Matthew L, General Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and please make sure you are an Olive member as we have lots of exciting news coming soon. Best Regards The Olive Team

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Dined here 25th June 2014 with 5 work colleagues at around 6:30 pm.

I had a tuna Steak on Aubergine and ordered a spinach side. French Beans arrived instead. Hey ho.

The restaurant was busy but we sat for a good few minutes before having drinks orders taken.

Food was hot and tasty but with many other options within walking distance I am not sure I would
Dine here again.

With a tip and bearing in mind we had just main courses/sides and drinks the bill came to £25 pp.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Went here for a meal on a Friday night with my girlfriend. We had booked a table and got seated straight away. I wasn't too keen on our place as we were behind the bar and quite close to other tables and I felt in the way. A couple came in after us without a reservation and got a much bigger table which a found odd. The food was great very tasty and good portions. We had 40% off our bill too so under £40 for 2 courses and we had a cheeky bottle of wine too. Would definitely go back but maybe during the week when not so busy

1  Thank Katie R
Matthew L, Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and positive comments. We look forward to your future visits with your girlfriend.
Best Regards The Olive Team

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Cant recommend it enough. Been loads of times and its been great each time. Great food, fantastic cocktails and lovely staff! :) will be back again soon.

Matthew L, Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Rachael,
Thank you for your review and we are pleased to read you enjoyed your food and cocktails. I will pass on your positive comments to all our staff.
See you soon. The Olive Team