“Fantastic”

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Came here with my friend, easily the best restaurant ive been to, reasonably priced for what you get, and the best white chocolate cheesecake ive ever had!

Matthew L, Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your review and we are glad you and your partner enjoyed your Valentine's day meal.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came here for Valentines day. We don't live in Manchester and wanted somewhere nice but not overly expensive.
I had calamari for starters, was really tasty, I wanted more! My boyfriend had a mushroom starter, was very garlicky but tasted great. I had risotto with mushrooms and pancetta, it was beeeautiful! Really filling, I ordered a side of chips which were lovely as well but couldn't eat most of them! My boyfriend had Veal, he could have eaten more, didn't look like much but he said it was lovely. The staff were friendly and attentive, i'd definitely come back again!

Glad you enjoyed our meal. Thank you for your review

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here on a busy Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The food was tasty with a good variety. The cocktail was lovely but the best was the dessert. It was the best chocolate brownie I have had with a delicious pistachio ice cream. The staff were efficient and attentive without rushing us at all. The only thing I did not really like was where we sat. We were by the window with a poor view of buildings on one side and the counter the other side with piled up dirty glasses etc. I would recommend sitting in the main body of the restaurant.

Matthew L, Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Glad you enjoyed your meal and yes the chocolate brownie is great. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Came a couple of weeks ago with my sister to celebrate her birthday, booked a table no problem and then when we were running late they happily moved the time back for us. Food was excellent, service just as good and a great simple range of wines on the menu. The best part was the price, excellent value for money and a far better experience than I had at some cockney chefs place a few streets over. Cannot wait to go back and take my wife as she'll love it, see you guys very soon!!!!

Thank you for the positive review MancDaddy. We are glad you enjoyed your sister's birthday and we will see you and your wife soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Great first visit had a lovely relaxed meal, pizza, salad and desserts. Great ambience good priced food, & friendly staff particularly waitress Lauren. Would recommend. Already planning our next visit :))

We are glad you enjoyed your meal and service. We will see you soon and thank you for your comments.
The Olive team