“A Very Good Restaurant But A Little Loud!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
Portsmouth, England
“A Very Good Restaurant But A Little Loud!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had an enjoyable evening here. Having arrived on time for our booked table we were offered a choice of an immediate table in the main area or we could choose to wait a little longer for a 'quiet' table. Having chosen the latter, I'm not so sure we actually achieved anything because quiet it wasn't!

However, the food chosen from a large and varied menu was excellent backed up by a good wine list. Would definitely return but maybe we might try another table???

• Visited November 2013

Warrington, England, United Kingdom
“Food OK, service hit and miss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

There were 7 of us for dinner and the service was Ok as far as the speed went, but the accuracy of the order meant one of our party had a disappointing night.
The waitress took down the order incorrectly and the wrong main course arrived for one person. This meant the rest of us had to eat our food so it did not go cold while the other person waited for the right food to arrive. When it did come it was not great anyway. The rest of us enjoyed our food though.

• Visited October 2013
Garstang, United Kingdom
“four and a half really - not quite 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

a great choice when in Manchester - on Lloyd street just off Deansgate so central for Bridgewater Hall , theatre and shops ; Italian themed menu but other choice are available - especially fish, ; good food well cooked, service was attentive and friendly - also fixed price menus available; its just a nice place to be in; see other reviews for the range of food - the puddings are excellent and this is an area that some restaurants take the easy way out but here they are really good eg choc brownie with hazelnut and pistachio ice cream -also choice of beers and wines and also a wide choice of cocktails ... we will be back ..

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am new to the restaurant. It is a very nice, place. Staff are attentive and know there business.
Very helpful with choosing wine etc. Prices are very good also. The best Calamari I have every eaten. The restaurant was packed and unfortunately the service was quite slow, but that wont put me off returning. A really good night.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester UK
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am a new convert to Olive, but my wife has been a fairly frequent visitor for a while and I can now see why. The service is first rate, friendly and helpful and the ambience is relaxed, with a good crowd. The menu is Italian with a great selection to chose from. We started by sharing some flavoursome, plump olives and some garlic pizza bread that had rosemary, black pepper and sea salt - delicious. For our main courses the choice was much harder! Highly recommended by my wife is the risotto finished with goats cheese and also the chicken breast stuffed with air dried tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. I was particularly taken with the side dishes, which included spinach dressed with sea salt, a nice touch. Desserts were huge. I had a chocolate mousse topped with a kind of whipped cream with lots of delicious salted caramel tastes going on, which was easily big enough for two. To be honest, the hardest part of the visit was deciding what to eat and what to miss out on.

As I say, this my first visit, but my wife has been time and time again and tells me the food and service is consistently good. Despite so many places to chose from, singling out the Olive was not a hard decision. I would recommend you give it a go.

Visited October 2013