“Atmosphere, Food and Service all perfect!”
Review of Olive Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olive Restaurant & Bar in Manchester is a few steps off Deansgate, was voted best working lunch venue in town, but it’s great for pre-theatre and family meals too. The dining room blends rustic Italian with modern style. Think exposed brick, farmhouse furniture, cool lighting and sleek bar. Only the freshest ingredients go into the classic and innovative Italian dishes; such as handmade artisan pastas, stone-baked pizzas, lighter salads and a selection of meat and fish. We are child friendly and feature a dedicated healthy menu, make-your-own pizzas and miniature versions of any dish on the menu. Our exemplerary service is renowned throughout Manchester and we strive to ensure everyone will return time and time again.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Located down a street between Manchester Town Hall and Deansgate, it's easy to just walk on past this place. That would be a mistake because you'd be missing out on what I would say, is one of the best restaurants in Manchester.

There's a lovely atmosphere inside. People genuinely enjoying themselves (and the food!). Too many restaurants in Manchester are trying to be somethig they are not and end up becoming overpriced, pretentious, souless places.

To start, I shared the antipasti board (which was one of the specials). A nice selection of meats, as well as bread, hummus and cheese. Yummy! A friend had calamari and it looked delicious (he wouldn't let me have any... friends, eh?!)

There is a huge selection of mains and I was torn between the pulled pork gnocchi, duck pizza and sourdough baked chicken. I opted for the gnocchi and I wasn't disappointed. It was faultless! The pasta was cooked to perfection, the meat was 'melt in your mouth' and the flavours had me wanting more. For a few pence less than a tenner, this was great!

Throughout, our service was spoton. Friendly and efficent.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our food was soooooo good! For starters we had mussels, calamari and s salmon pasta dish. Then I had the peking pizza yum! Really fresh and had plenty of duck! The hoi sin sauce base was good too.
Service was brilliant and the staff were friendly and professional. I really can't fault this place.

We had a 40% off the food voucher so for three of us having three courses and two bottles of wine it was less than £90.
Can recommend the olive press and we will definitely be returning! !
Try the sticky toffee pudding its really good!!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a family lunch at this restaurant, and really enjoyed it. The service was friendly and helpful, nice layout, and a really good range of interesting dishes on the menu to suit all the family - from the exotic (pizza with truffle oil) to the basic (margharita). I had a really lovely goats' cheese risotto as well. My only issue was that our table was fairly close to the open kitchen, and the temperature was a bit too warm for comfort, even on a really cold day! Would definitely go back again though.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Service was brilliant from the word go... Our blonde waitress was excellent. Food was also of a high standard, liked how were bar wasn't too close to the setting area.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have visited the Olive Press three times with my boyfriend for birthdays/valentines and we've had a lovely meal each time. The staff are very friendly and the food is up to a great standard. I particularly enjoyed the chicken pate starter and duck breast main while my boyfriend always goes for the carnivore pizza. The layout and lighting creates a lovely atmosphere.